Sunday, March 28, 2010

RAINY PALM SUNDAY

Rain greeted us this morning as we went to church. Learned that my friends mother had passed away last night,but it was expected.
After service we had spaghetti lunch with everyone but daughter who is on her way back from Charleston.
Got a call from another friend telling me the arrangements for my friends mom. Then I spent the next 2 hours lining up an after funeral dinner tomorrow evening for her family.
The ladies in our church are always so willing to help,it makes my job easy and I hope they know how thankful I am to be among them!!
G-son went to church for is first Easter egg hunt, wish it wasn't raining! But to them it won't matter if they have it inside,they just care about the candy anyway!
Daughter made it safely home,thank you Lord and she had a good time and experience in such a huge race.I love to fish, but this just does not look like one bit of fun to me. This is a fishing tournament held at a local lake. This is what today's weather looked like all day!
We were lucky though that we just had bouts of hard rain,a little south of our area they had severe storms,hail and even tornado warnings,thank you again Lord!
I bagged my forgotten Avon orders tonight so I can deliver them tomorrow.
Watched b-ball games this afternoon,at least 1 N.C. team is still in the final four,even if it is Duke!
This has been a restful Palm Sunday as it should have been.
Remember this was the day Jesus entered Jerusalem and began the Holy week.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how sad I was that my Tennessee Vols lost today by ONE point... They played SO good. Now--I'll be for BUTLER---since it is a small school...

We had rain too, Marilyn... It rained off and on all day long --with the hardest coming early this morning.

Sounds like you had a good Palm Sunday anyhow.
Hugs,
Betsy