Saturday, March 20, 2010

DEADLY REFLECTION??? BEAUTIFUL FLOWER!!!

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!
This beautiful flower is known by several different names depending on where you live, it can be a Jonquil, Daffodil, or Narcissus. It is the March birth flower by any name.Ever wonder why they always appear as if their heads are bowed?
Here is a story I came across about that.
A youth of Greek mythology call Narcissus became so obsessed with his own reflection as he kneeled and gazed into a pool of water that he died of starvation and thirst because he could not take his gaze from his reflection. The first Narcissus plant sprang up where he died.I believe they are prayerfully thankful to the Maker for allowing them to be one of the first glorious bright spots of spring after a long dreary winter.
Whatever the reason,heads bowed or not I am sure glad to see them every year as they light up my yard!
As for my first day of spring,Market was slow today,I think everyone was working in their yards, but I did okay.
Came home and worked in my shop until almost dark.
Crashed on the couch with my 4-legged kids and watched some "March Madness" on TV.
Beautiful day,sunny 64,perfect!!
God has a special way of erasing our memories of all the bad weather we've had, and as the weather gets bad again we can be sure He will erase those also.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Our Daffodils haven't bloomed yet here... We do have the Crocuses in bloom --but so far, that is all. I grew up in Southwest VA calling the Jonquils... But--everyone here says Daffodils, so I call them Daff's now. Whatever they are, they are beautiful. Love the white on white ones in your first photo...

Hugs,
Betsy