Thursday, October 14, 2010

FALL HAS FINALLY ARRIVED WEATHERWISE

Drizzly day greeted me this morning, so much that I came back in the house to get a hooded coat, but by the time I drove to market the sun was shining.
I got set up as several orders were called in and sat aside. I had a good day with all the calls I took this morning. Daughter sold out of all her things. Between customers I crochet tops on 4 towels and had a nice chat with my neighbor.
After market I made several Avon stops and ran the usual errands,this makes more sense for Avon than taking a whole 1/2 day to run the route. I still have 1 order to deliver to a neighbor at her apple house and 1 order that needs to be picked up at market.
At home and unloaded I took a short break and then walked the dogs. The weather has decided it is Fall after all, it is 55 with a brisk wind this evening.
After supper hubbie and I were debating whether to cover the tomatoes or not tonight. We decided not to with the wind blowing as hard as it is ,the covers would be hard to keep from blowing off, we are crossing our fingers! The frost warning is not for our county but all the ones around us and I really don't think Jack Frost knows where the county lines are !
Tomorrow was the day last year that I brought my plants inside for the winter and it looks like it will be the same this year.
If you ever wonder why they call them the Smokies !!!!
Iced 12 caramel cakes tonight to get me a jump on tomorrow. I will have a busy day tomorrow but my busy season is coming to an end soon,ahhhhh!!!!
It is 11:30 , 44 degrees outside, and a hot bath sounds soooooo good.
Thanking God for a blessed day and for His grace.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Ardith said...

Love the pics of the Smokies! The colors on the trees are wonderful. Things like that make you know there is a God! Yahoo........

Love ya!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I've had such a busy week and am so behind on my comments. Glad you are having some Fall temps now. We are too... These fires in the fireplace certainly feel good

Your colors are pretty. We spent yesterday in the Smokies --and saw some pretty colors.

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy