Wednesday, October 17, 2012

LATE BLOOMERS

The coldest morning so far at 37 degrees greeted me and g-son this morning on our way to school.
Today was "hat" day so at least his head was warm !
When I got home I did chores,ate breakfast,read my Bible then decided to put my 3 little Avon orders on line and get that order off. It was 9:30 when I started to do this on the computer and it was almost 11:00 when I finally got it done. For some reason my internet connection kept cutting off, I have DSL so I have no idea what was going on but always just in the "wrong" places and times I would loose my connection. Getting so aggravated this early in the morning was not what my busy schedule needed today.
I did get in a 15 minute weight work-out video in but decided to put my walk off until hopefully later in the day.
I baked 18 caramel,3 chocolate,2 coconut,2 pound and 4 blackberry wine cakes for market tomorrow. I got this finished just in time to go pick up g-son from school.
Dad came after him early so they could get his homework done before church so I decided to take my walk. I walked down in the lower pasture as well as around my regular route. I noticed many flowers still blooming even this mid October.
These are some petunias that actually came back from last summer after being outside all winter in the mild weather.
My oregano is still blooming and producing that wonderful aromatic herb.
The Almond bush is blooming again this fall.
The Morning Glories are struggling to keep their blooms in the sunny days.
This little wild Shamrock is blooming just like it does in springtime.
I have decide that this plant I bought last year and thought it was a Caladium may be a Begonia because of these blooms that have just recently appeared.
These are the last of the Geranium blooms for this year.

And my sweet scented Dianthus are making a last late stand.
And this Crown of Thorns plant has been blooming all summer as it must really like the new location I found for it this year ,closer to the house and protected from the wind and hard rains.
 Last but not least is this one lone confused Azalea bloom.


 As I walked I notice the clouds starting to build ahead of another cold front that is headed our way and is suppose to bring rain overnight.
They made for some lovely sunset photos.


I finished the evening icing cakes and now I'm getting off here as the internet connections is playing tricks again so before I become aggravated again I'm headed for bed to relax.
God has blessed me richly and I love Him dearly and strive to glorify Him each day.
Good Night and God Bless.








1 comment:

linda m said...

You are so lucky to still have blossoms on some of your plants. Everything has already died around here. The sunset pictures are fantastic. It rained here last night and is supposed to rain all day today. God's blessings to you.