Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SUNSHINE AGAIN !!

Finally the sun makes an appearance this morning.

The temperature is 43 but it's amazing how much warmer the sunshine makes it feel.
I got g-son to school and then had a routine morning before my baking began.
I have extra cakes to bake today as I have a wedding to bake cakes for Saturday. This morning I baked 18 caramel,2 chocolate,1 spice ,2 coconuts,2 pound and a wine cake plus 2 huge layers for the center wedding cake. I always make these ahead of time in case they stick to the pan and break apart when I take them out, then I have time to re-bake them.
After lunch I took a break for my aching back and soaked up some of the warm rays of vitamin D sunshine before it was time to pick up g-son.
G-son was a little ill tempered when I picked him but after he ate when we got home he seemed fine. I don't think he is eating much lunch.
At least he does eat a good breakfast every morning. He usually comes in the door telling me what he wants,usually 3 pieces of bacon, 3 french toast sticks and then he 'll have a couple cookies for dessert with chocolate milk.
After his dad picked him up I dived into the weekly paperwork and bill paying until it was time for chores.
I cleaned the smaller brood box out that I had moved the silkie family from while I was feeding. Hubbie is in the process of making a large compost bin for me to put the chicken poop in to age for use in the garden. Chicken manure is very "hot" and will burn plants if used before it ages for about 6 months. He is planning to get the bin up by leaf raking time so we can layer the leaves with the manure.
I iced cakes while I watched Survivor on TV and then crashed as I am tired tonight.
I will publish this tomorrow at market.
We are under a frost advisory tonight but the temperature is warmer than it has been the last couple nights so hopefully with the wind we won't get that cold.

God is so good all the time.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: