Wednesday, October 31, 2012

BUSY LAST DAY OF OCTOBER !!!

Welllllll!!!!! This last day of October has been just like the rest of the month for me ,reeeaalllyyy busy !!!
After I got g-son to school I hurried through chores and breakfast and headed back over to school to the Fall Carnival they are having this morning.
There is snow on the mountain tops this morning.

 All 4 of the kindergarden classrooms had games and activities set up in them with plenty of treats to go around. The classes rotated between the 4 rooms and had a ball.
Love the look on g-son's face when I first walked down the hall and he saw me, he's in the red shirt.
He gave it 100% in all the games they played.
And greatly enjoyed all the treats !!


I left that,headed home to ice 6 caramel cakes and have lunch before heading over to the neighbor's berry patch. They rented all their land out to one of the top berry producers and the season is over for them but there is still plenty of ripe berries.


I picked for almost 2 hours before it was time to pick g-son up from school.
I came home with 2 gallons of raspberries and 4 gallons of blackberries.
They are all so sweet and we are enjoying them immensely,thanks for inviting me to share in the harvest. I hope the freezing temps hold off until I can get back over and pick more.
When g-son and I got home we started getting things ready for trunk or treat at our church.
The van is the fish that ate Jonah and I am just a bystander.

Daughter and d-in-love decorated d-in-love's jeep with a pirate theme. They were the most fun trunk there !!!


This is the pumpkin from my front porch that son is making into a pumpkin pirate !!


We had 11 trunks that braved the cold temps and wind for the evening and there was a surprising number of trick or treaters that braved the weather.
When you got too cold there was more fun inside as well as a table filled with food !!!


This is my special little trick or treater in his clown outfit.

His best friend was a monster faced superman !!

Whew at 7:30 it was time to pack up and head home to thaw out.
Now it is cake icing time again. By the time I got the chocolate and coconut cakes iced and everything wrapped there was no ime to get on the computer so I am blogging as usual on Thursday morning at market between customers.
It's hard to believe that October is over. The busy times of this month always makes it fly by and this year surely has been no exception.
The weather has been fabulous for most of the month,not to cool but just fall feeling. At the end of the month we had a week of warmer than normal days that preceeded an Alantic hurricane named Sandy that proved to be a record breaking sized and damaging storm to the east coast starting in Florida and coming ashore in the New Jersey/New York areas where it did billions of dollars in damage and changed the landscape of some areas forever.
Here we were fortunate not to have anything but some high winds from the storm.
#2 son made a deal on the house he wanted and will close on Nov. 1st if all goes as it should.
G-son has done well in school this month going everyday and we made several stops at corn mazes and apple houses for the regular October activities.
Hubbie and I put our garden to bed for the winter this month digging potatoes and cleaning it off except for the kale greens that will feed us and the hens this winter.
We also made our fall trip to the Pickens Flea Market.
We celebrated 2 birthday's this month ,#1 son and g-son who share the same day for their birthdays. G-son celebrated his with his first trip to Chuckie Cheese in Asheville and had a great time.
On a sad note our community lost a real hero as Chat Jones one of my high school friends lost his life from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in an auto dealership he owned.
As I transition into November still in a busy buzz, I'm looking forward to some down time this month as the weather cools and I get that calm break before gearing up for the holidays.
I am looking forward to all the blessings the Lord has in store for me as I go through the month.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: