Thursday, October 18, 2012

REMINISCING WITH AN OLD FRIEND

The clouds overnight kept it a balmy 53 degrees as g-son and I made our way to school this morning. He was excited to get to school today because his aunt T is picking him up today and taking him to a fall festival at the school she works at.
I came back home and hurried through chores and headed out to the market trying to beat the rain that is predicted.
Market was slow under the rain threat but I still sold quite a bit so I am very thankful.
An old friend came by for a visit today. Joy and I used to be best friends back in our early 20's days when we were young and carefree and boy did we have some good times and of course some of the how in the world did we survive that times as well.
I remember a late night trip to Myrtle Beach that the speedometer never got below 90 in her old Saab she drove, yea that was one of those "how did we survive times" !!!
We had so much fun just reminiscing she is going to come back often when she is in town.
She has retired without benefits from a job she has had for over 17 years to take care of her ailing parents,God will bless her !! Unfortunately her mother passed away last December about 6 months after she started caring for them but her dad is still living and she was visiting while he was at an appointment here in town.
I thought about her tonight and looked through some old photos and found these among many others that she and I were together in.
We are at Lake Keowee in S.C. in this photo, me in pink and her in black.
And here we are with some other members of "our gang" at the beach in the mid 70's. Joy is on the far left and I am in the orange in the center.
We surely lived life to the fullest back then !!

I am writting this at market between customers on my laptop. I have decided to check all my plugs on my desktop tonight,then call AT&T to see what they say about my intermittent internet service, then I will program my Verizon Mi Fi card to my desk top to see how much of my alotted time I will use on it.
This just might be the push I need to cancel my DSL all together !!
After market I ran my regular errands and did my baking supply stops. I made it home around 4:00,unloaded and got everything put away before hubbie got home from work.
We watched the news and then did chores before supper.
The leaves are getting closer to peak color quickly in our area with these cold nights.
Every once in a while there is a tree that is just glorious but there is still alot of green leaves around.
I iced 12 caramel cakes tonight and then headed to bed for an early bedtime.
My internet so far has stayed connected tonight so I guess I'll put off changing.

Thanking God for the blessings of today and for loving me.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

linda m said...

I love getting together with old friends. What a beautiful photo of the tree. God's blessings to you.