Thursday, August 7, 2014

BACK TO MARKET

Up early again this morning to get ready for market.  Back to the regular market days after a week off always makes me a little apprehensive so I hurried through all the chores so I would be on time today.
Daughter came in shortly after I arrived and we got things set up quickly.  We had a good day and it felt like we had never even been gone. I didn't hear about anything that happened while we were gone so that is a good thing.
After we left the market I followed daughter out to a car dealership to ride with her as she drove a couple Toyatos to see if she like them.  Her jeep has almost 150,000 miles on it so she is thinking about buying another car. She hasn't made car payments in several years and is reluctant to get back into that.  We drove a Prius and a Corolla.  She like the Prius until they told her that a new battery for these cars cost $3200 !!   She is going to drive some different makes before she decides on anything.
She went home to get ready for her volleyball practice and I did my baking supplies shopping before I got home around 5:00.
After supper and chores hubbie and I sat out in the patio for a little while tonight. The air is heavy with moisture tonight ahead of a front that is bringing rain back into our area starting tomorrow.
They have been working hard trying to get the road ready to pave. I'm not sure when that will happen but I know they are behind their promised re-opening date.
History is getting ready to be made in Hawaii as two hurricanes are barreling toward the islands. There hasn't been a hurricane there in over 20 years and now they have two that are going to hit them within 36 hours of each other. Luckily so far these are catagory 1 and 2 storms.

An early bedtime for me tonight.
Grateful for all the wonderful blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

linda m said...

Any extra salsa or tomatoes you can send to me. Just kidding. Nothing better than home made. .Isn't it funny how it is always so hard to get back into a routine after having a wonderful vacation? Praying all the people in Hawaii are safe. Have a great weekend. Blessings