Saturday, August 2, 2014

UNPACKING DAY

AHHHH!!!!   So nice to wake up in my own bed after a good night's sleep.   As we had breakfast and watched the weather we were so so glad we came home yesterday as there is really heavy rain and winds down at the beach where we were this morning.
After chores it was unpacking time. I did 3 loads of sheets and towels as we got everything outside and inside put away. The sky was cloudy so we washed the bikes and put them back inside the basement to dry thoroughly before we spray them with WD40 before storing them in the shed.
After lunch we made a trip to Walmart and Sams to restock some supplies and get me enough baking supplies and groceries so I don't need to get out and in when the road work starts back on Monday.
The rain sprinkled some this afternoon, never mounting to anything but just keeping the dampness in the air. I emptied 1" from the gauge that fell while we were away.
The Silkie hen that I put quail eggs under has one little baby quail hatched. It is so tiny I hope she is very careful not to step on it. I thought about taking it and putting it in a box inside but it acts like it loves the hen mother so much and is so satisfied under her warm feathers I decided to take a chance and see if she can raise it and hopefully some more brothers or sisters.
Hubbie and I picked in the garden this afternoon and I picked more blackberries and put them in the freezer.  We have lots of green beans and tomatoes ready for canning.  Hubbie also dug the rest of our red potatoes along with picking squash, cucumbers and bell peppers for tomorrow's lunch.
We bought corn on the cob in Walmart for .25 an ear, it looks good, hope it taste good.
Rebekah is cooking a ham to go with the fresh vegetables.
After chores tonight g-son came to spend the evening while his mom and dad went to a friend's birthday party in town.
Aaron, who got back from his convention in the wee hours of the morning, and Rebekah brought Evy over for a visit this evening.
I am still trying to catch up publishing my blog post I wrote while I was at the beach. I write the post each night but have trouble loading photos on my laptop so I wait until I get home so I play catch up.
Grateful to God for the blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: