Friday, November 21, 2014

BUSY BAKING DAY

The sun was doing its best to break through what looked like a winter sky this morning.  After chores and breakfast I took a walk in the chilly 38 degree . 

Annie and Sadie wait patiently for me to come back up the drive.

It is starting to look really wintry around the farm with all this cold weather.


This one oak tree is determined to be the very last to drop it's colorful leaves.

The garden is in early winter mode with only Kale, Collards, Turnips and a couple Cabbage heads still in the mix even after the low teens temps .


Back inside I began the baking for this Saturday before Thanksgiving, a predicted busy day. I have several orders so it should be a good day.
I baked 18 caramel, 2 coconut,  2 pound and an applesauce cake for a special order.
While I was engrossed in my baking I was surprised to get a phone call from the Hickory Toyota dealership asking if daughter might still be interested in a car they have down there.  I told him the payment she could make and he said he thought he could get there if she would definitely commit to buy.  After an hour of waiting for her to get her lunch break she said she would buy the car if indeed he could get to a $350 payment.
He called back later with the news that he couldn't do it and was even $4 dollars higher on his payment than the guy last week that we told we wouldn't do a $375 payment on that car.  The car has 1860 miles on it but they maintain it is not a trac car but they did loan it out once to a doctor while they worked on his car and he drove it back and forth to Asheville.
They are still asking the same for it as the ones with only 5 miles on them.
He had the nerve to say to me after I told him that would not work on that car that he thought I had talked to everybody in his dealership.  I told him, well duh ,  but it sure wasn't because I was calling them,grrrr !!!!
This threw my morning cake baking into a mid afternoon ending job.
I got finished arranging the spices and flavorings on the new turntable I bought Thursday and at least got the kitchen cabinet work all finished. As I checked my e-mails for cake orders I was reminded by an e-mail from one of my suppliers that I needed to order cake boxes so I got that done.
After evening chores I took a short break to rest my aching back before the night's icing chores began.  
This will be the start of a very busy spurt for me all the way through next Saturday which is our Old Timey Open House Christmas at market.
Thanksgiving is a favorite time for me as it reminds me of olden times and all the harvest that we are very  thankful for. It also signals the end of a busy fall season and begins the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holiday shopping season.
I am tired tonight and ready for a hot bath.
It was close to 12:30am before I finished my muscle relaxing soak and crawled into bed.
Thankful tonight for all the wonderful blessings that come my way from my Heavenly Father each day and thankful for the season that reminds us of all the blessings we should be thankful for.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: