Thursday, November 13, 2014

SLOW MARKET AND 1994 UPS AND DOWNS

Up to get ready for market on a nice sunny 40 degree morning. These light jacket mornings are over for a while.
The temperature today isn't supposed to get out of the 40's even with the sunshine.
Winter storm number 2, Bozeman, is introducing himself to the west coast with more cold temps and snow.


Market was really slow as expected, this was my worst day since the early days of last spring as far as sales went.
It felt colder and colder as the day went on even inside market I had to put my coat on to be comfortable. I would have packed up and left early but it is 1:30 and I am still waiting for an order of 2 cakes to be picked up.
I called the man who had ordered them, luckily I noticed yesterday that he had a Florida number, and he had forgotten to set his clocks up in his NC home so he came right on to get his cakes.
After market I ran errands and stopped in Lowes and Home Depot looking at Christmas trees. I want a slimmer tree for the living room if I can find one reasonably priced but even the ones in Walmart were way to expensive for me today.  Maybe black Friday will yield a deal on one.
I got home and got unloaded just in time to get chores done before darkness fell. It has steadily gotten colder throughout the day and is already in the 30's by 5:00 for a really cold evening as the wind blows the front into the area.
All the chickens were already in their warm houses even though they had a little daylight left. I don't blame them as I was sure glad to get into my warm house and close the door to the cold winds.
After supper hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.  Daughter took her basketball team over to Owen tonight for a scrimmage and she said they didn't do bad, they didn't keep score and they let everyone play so they can see what everyone cold do before the season starts.
The only other decade year in the ---4's for November I could find was in 1994.  One very sad thing happened as we lost hubbie's grandmother and the only "granny" I had ever known. She was a shining example of what a hard working mountain woman should be and was happy to the very end. I will never forget that little twinkle of silver from a filling in one of her teeth that sparkled every time she smiled. I can close my eyes and see that twinkle along with the sparkle in her aging eyes as she told her stories of times gone by. Hubbie was her favorite grandchild and as she lay un-responsive for days in the hospital the night before she died he went up to say his last good byes and she roused up and talked and laughed with him the entire time he was there. The next morning she passed away. It was as if she was waiting for that last visit with her favorite.  R.I.P.  Granny Ila.
The other thing that went on 8 days later than granny's death was the birth of one of my nephews, my youngest brother's only son.
The month of November 1994 was an up and down month for sure.

Thankful today for the place in this world God choose for me and my family and for all the blessings of this day and of the past.
Good Night and God Bless.






1 comment:

linda m said...

The cold weather has hit already here in WI. It was only 19 degrees here this AM with an expected high of 30. Way too cold for this time of year. Hubby and I bought a much smaller Christmas tree this year at the local garden store. It is only 4 feet tall with LED lights on it and fiber optic lights that change color. We paid more than I wanted to but it sure is pretty. Keep warm; praying your daughter finds a car and have a great weekend. Blessings!