Monday, November 3, 2014

NEW BOOTS AND PLAYTIME

Woke to the coldest temp of the season at 25 degrees,brrrrr !!
After chores and breakfast hubbie and I made a trip to the Shoe Barn in Buncombe county to see if I could find a pair of boots like I want.  After looking over the huge boot inventory in both womens and mens depts. I was ready to give up on what I exactly wanted.  Back in the womens dept a sales lady must have sensed my exasperation and came to my rescue. After explaining to her what I wanted she led me to a place I hadn't looked and showed me these Alegria Boots.  I had never heard of this brand but these boots were exactly what I wanted and the color was perfect as well as the comfort I was looking for.

I was happy and hubbie and I  both also got new insoles and headed home.
After lunch I started laundry while hubbie went to clean off the garden. He took all the trellising and stakes down as well as the fence around it so now the rabbits can have some of the greens for a winter snack. The greens are now covered with dead white flies so the chickens will continue to get these.
Re had to go to a staff meeting today at the hospital so this little sweet pea spent the afternoon with us. Love the rainbow sun beam in the pic.
She played for a while then we watched what appeared to be a large dust cloud or grass fire in the field across the creek.
 Then her daddy emerged from all the dust on his soy bean combine !!
She told me she was ready for a nap so we went inside and while she slept I did more laundry and took all the Halloween decorations down.
G-son wanted to come up to our house and stay while his mom went grocery shopping so he played for awhile alone waiting for EL to wake from her nap.



My, my he is getting so big !!!
When EL got up and had a snack the playtime for the two of them began. She loves to have him to play with and I think the feeling is mutual with him also.
She watched him ride his little scooter down this hill , she got her little car and had to do the same thing ,haha !! 
 Good thing Papa was at the bottom to stop her after she got the hang of pushing herself off !!!
 She kept asking g-son to push her !!!
We were watching the sunset when g-son decided to photo bomb us !!!
Boys will be boys !!!!
We played outside until the sun set and the air got too cold then we headed inside.

Then they cuddled up in the recliner with some snacks and watched TV until Re got here.
She took both of them with her and dropped g-son at his house on her way home.
A wonderful way to spend a beautiful afternoon.  The snow of Saturday is a distant memory today as the sunny mid 60's made for a really nice day.  Our weather week is going to be a roller coaster ride in temps.
Thankful tonight for the wonderful opportunity to spend time with these two little ones like this afternoon, I feel very thankful  to have both of them in my life.
Grateful for the blessings of this day.
Good Night and Gos Bless.









1 comment:

linda m said...

Those two are just so cute. Glad you found some boots you like. I have a hard time finding any shoe/boot that fits comfortably. I amy or may not be off line for about a week - family stuff. God's Blessings.