Saturday, November 15, 2014

FIRST FAMILY GATHERING OF THE HOLIDAYS

Another cold morning at 19 degrees today.  I hurried through chores although it doesn't feel as bad out here today as it did yesterday because there is no wind.
Market warmed up as the weather warmed this morning and I had a pretty good day after a slow start.
I also took a couple more orders for Thanksgiving but still am far from the amount of orders I usually have.
After market I stopped at Aldi to get baking supplies for next week and a few groceries for the week.
At home hubbie was finishing vacuuming the floors just as I got home.
We unloaded and then put things away before we took a short rest.  I had deviled eggs to make and mashed potatoes to take to the dinner tonight.
We got all the chores done early and Re brought little EL over to go with us as Re had to work a 1/2 shift tonight and Aa is still in the soybean field .
She jumped right into playing with the other kids at the dinner.
She helps my niece Holly find something on her phone ,haha.
The older kids including g-son in the red shirt played a game.
It was a small crowd tonight with some working and some sickness.  My #2 son had to work and my nephew and his youngest son were both sick, my niece's husband was out of town to name a few who were absent tonight.
We had the dinner at sis-in-law's niece's restaurant again this year.
There was a lot of good food and everyone had a nice visit with all the family that was there.
We were home by 8:30 after helping clean-up.
Daughter who did make it to the dinner after her basketball team hosted an all day scrimmage today said her varsity team won all their games today so that was quite a confidence booster for them.
We spent a nice quiet night, I blogged  and hubbie watched TV.
Thankful tonight for a wonderful extended family and friends.
Good Night and God Bless.




1 comment:

Gail said...

It's such a blessing when many can come together like this.

We seldom accomplish that any more.