Sunday, November 2, 2014

RESTFUL COLD SUNDAY

Uhhhh, How can an extra hour of sleep leave me feeling so "sleep deprived" ???  I  did chores and had breakfast, then had extra time before I had to leave for church.  The morning temperature wasn't as cold as predicted at just 30 degrees and the bright sunshine made it feel warmer than yesterdays windy day for sure.  All the snow around here is gone except the snow on the mountain tops that surround our area. Bearwallow  looked like this as I drove to church.
Church was good today we started our study in the book of Esther today.
Everyone made it to a lunch of fried country steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and corn with biscuits.  It was enjoyed by all and everyone had a really nice visit.
After everyone went their own ways hubbie and I had a restful Sunday afternoon. I even took a short nap, hopefully it won't ruin tonight's sleep.   It was a short nap because I  layed down about 4:30 thinking I cold nap for an hour then do chores.  I was woke up by the dogs barking at the door about 30 minutes later. I forgot their stomachs were still on daylight savings time and to them it was already  6pm instead of  5pm as the clock today said.
I did chores and then darkness seemed to come quickly on this first day off day light savings time.
It is 10:00 now as I write this and it seems like midnight already.
Tonight is supposed to be the coldest yet at 24 degrees. We'll see because it is still 39 at this time.
The high today was 45 degrees for a pretty raw day but the wind wasn't blowing and the sun was shining.
I have been thinking about all the things I need to do this week today and how with this cooler weather I need to catch up on some inside duties that have been put off in the nicer weather.
Grateful for the wonderful blessing of a perfect Sunday.
We are really happy with our new wood stove as it has done a great job keeping the entire house warm through all this cold weather. I love the new design so that the glass door stays clean and the fire is continually visible. I want one of these for the living room maybe next year so I can watch the flames.

Thankful today for the bounty of garden produce God gave us to preserve this season. It makes cooking so much more fun when you know exactly what you are cooking and who has been handling the food that you are putting in your mouth.
Good Night and God Bless.



1 comment:

linda m said...

I heard about all the snow your area received. Glad you are all safe. Sure is pretty to look at but not much fun when you have to shovel it. Your new stove looks really nice. Happy to hear it is working out so well for you. May God bless you and your family.