Monday, November 24, 2014

NOT A TYPICAL MONDAY

As I started my day I thought how "not typical" this Monday was going to be.  Always, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving becomes for me, a regular market day.  A busy Tuesday market day !!  I have a list of Thanksgiving orders now and just with those it will be a busy selling day. 
That makes this Monday a baking day so after chores and breakfast I started a load of laundry and then went to the kitchen to get it started.
I baked 12 caramel, 4 coconut, 1 chocolate, 2 pound cakes.
After lunch Hubbie and I went to the new Dunham's Sports store.  He wanted me to check out a couple gift ideas he saw yesterday.
We bought a couple things, put a couple things on our list for Christmas and then checked out Belks before we headed home. Belks had all their black Friday deals stacked in the aisles and you could hardly walk. I saw a pair of ankle boots I'd like if the $60 price tag becomes $19.99 like is advertised.
We made a final stop at the world of clothing to look at cover-alls for me.
My old ones are starting to come apart and I hooked one of the legs on the barbed wire fence so it is torn all the way across with the filler hanging out, looks like the dog has had a hold of me, haha.
I didn't find what I wanted in there either. I am going to look on line for snow mobile suits, they are waterproof as well as insulated.
Back home I rested my aching back a little while before  my busy evening begins.
As I did the chores in my shirt sleeves without even a jacket I wanted to savor this warmth. As I stood and enjoyed this wonderful sunset on this nice 60 degree day I shivered at the thought that in less than 36 hours from now we may have a significant snowfall on the ground.
Love the rainbows over the setting sun.

Inside I  did some paperwork and paid some weekly bills early as tomorrow will be the last day this week I will be in town.
A lady from church picked up a couple caramel cakes on her way home tonight.
I iced cakes and got things ready for market before taking time for a long soak in the bath tub.
I am very thankful tonight for the strength God gives me each day, may I find a way to glorify His name with it.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: