Wednesday, November 19, 2014

FIRST BASKETBALL GAME OF THE SEASON

Another morning of breaking ice and carrying extra water to all the animals.
I will be thankful for a break in this frigid weather.
I thought about walking this morning as the sunshine looks so inviting but then I looked at the thermometer and thought better of it,only 17 degrees at 10am.  The low this morning was 13 when hubbie left for work at 5:30 and it might have even dropped lower than that before daylight,brrrr.  That isn't record breaking but it tied the old record set back in 1903 for this date.
I spent the morning inside a warm kitchen baking cakes, 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 special with cream cheese icing, 5 pound cakes and 2 blackberry wine cakes before lunch.
After lunch I noticed the temperature outside was finally above freezing at 34 degrees.
I did some housework and put up the new shelf hubbie made for me in the kitchen.

It looks good and will serve the purpose of getting all this snack food off the counter.
I also went through the extra storage cabinet in the hallway and re-organized it.
Today is daughter's teams first basketball game and they were playing at home so I went to watch her JV team.  She had talked about having so many girls that had never played before but you couldn't tell it when she put them on the floor.  The plays didn't work but they made some very good passing decisions and looked like a seasoned team at times.



They won the game by a large margin so that should be a confidence booster for them.

Unfortunately the varsity team lost their contest 41-34.  This is daughter sitting in the back ground of this action shot by the local paper.

I left after the JV game and came home to feed the animals and get started on weekly paperwork and icing cakes.
I got things ready for market and got into bed by midnight.
It is not supposed to get so cold tonight ,only in the low 20's and tomorrow we are supposed to see almost 50 degrees,ahhhh, thawing is coming !!
Thankful tonight for a loving Lord who keeps all His children in his loving protective arms each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: