Saturday, April 4, 2015

BUSY BEFORE EASTER MARKET DAY

After a rain storm last night there was 1/2 inch in the gauge this morning. The thunder stayed in the distance last night but the rain was heavy for a short time.
Everything looks fresher this morning but there is definitely a chill in the air.
You have to love our mountain weather at these season change times. After my tank top wearing day yesterday I have on a long sleeve winter sweater today.  Haha, everyone loved my bunny ears today at market.
There is a 20 degree drop in temperature today after the mid 70's of yesterday.  The mid 50's of today are made much worse with a brisk wind that is blowing some trees down on power lines already this morning.
Market was fairly busy today and I am very thankful for the items I did sell as always.
I could have sold more pound cakes than I had made but you never know what will be the top cake of choice on any day.
Hubbie spent his day helping BF Josh move into a new apartment. He helped him get the cable TV hooked up and get some of the heavier things moved. He will be alot further from his work but it is really a nice apartment and the rent is very low.
I made stops at Aldi and Ingles to pick up baking supplies and groceries so we got home about the same time after hubbie made his weekly trip to Sam's Club.
The weather is the big topic of conversation today as the temperature is predicted to go down around 30 tonight, prompting freeze warning for many counties in NC and SC.
Well another fire in the ole woodstove tonight to keep the chill knocked off.
It is 46 degrees at 11:00 tonight so maybe they will miss it by several warmer degrees !!
Hubbie and I walked over on Aa and Re's property with her and the kids this evening where he was working. Of course little EL had to drive the big bull dozer her dad was working with.
You can see by her hat and coat it was really chilly in the wind this evening. After chores hubbie and I put a new small shelf together I bought to use in the kitchen. I will re-arrange some things next week to create more storage room.
I am making a 7-layer salad and deviled eggs tonight for our Easter lunch tomorrow. The 7-layer has a "dairy free" corner !

Hubbie and I tried our new T-Fal grill out tonight on some thin steaks I bought and they were delicious. This was the grill in the deal I got from Sam's  last week.
We watched the final four games tonight as Duke defeated Michigan State and Wisconsin defeated Kentucky to hand them their first loss of the season.  To set up a championship game between Duke and Wisconsin on Monday for the final basketball game of this season.
Looking forward to celebrating the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ tomorrow with my church family.
Good Night and God Bless.




1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy Easter to you and your family.