Wednesday, April 29, 2015

MORE CAR SHOPPING

Hubbie took today off to have my van looked at by a friend auto mechanic and needed to renew his drivers license so he was gone early. After feeding the animals and having my breakfast I was already into my cake baking for the day when he returned. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 coconut, 2 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake.
He found out the noise and the intermitant ABS light are from a short in one of my front wheel sensors.
After lunch we decided to check out a new Traverse suv's at Boyd's in town.
We drove a red traverse which was the only AWD in our price range.
It drove nicely and the price was 32,000 with some incentives so that wasn't bad.
From there we drove to Asheville to the GM dealer over there called Harry's on the Hill. I wanted to drive an Acadia which is the third sister vehicle to the Buick Enclave and Chevy Traverse.
I liked the Acadia better than the Traverse but it is a higher price at least at this dealership !
Guess I'll be making a trip to Hickory NC Monday to check with them as their prices seem to be lower. Plus both these vehicles today are a deep red and I still would be better off with a lighter color.  Oh , the joys of car shopping !!!
We got home at 5:30 and did chores early before the threatening clouds produce the promised rain that has not gotten here yet.
This has been a cool, 60 degree day socked in with clouds to make it feel even cooler.
After evening chores and supper I did weekly paperwork and paid bills.
We watched Survivor on TV and then hubbie went to bed and I iced my cakes and got things ready for market.
I feel more tired tonight than if I had worked laboriously all day. Mental stress is so much worse to me than physical work.  I am on the verge of ditching this entire new car idea for awhile to take a break from the barrage of car dealers that are now vying for my business.
This is a picture of g-son's Wednesday night church group called CIA (children in action). He is in the second row on the left with his tongue sticking out.

Thanking the Lord for a blessed day with many blessing that are unearned but given freely in His graciousness.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: