Saturday, April 18, 2015


Cloudy morning again as I hurried through chores to get ready for market.
Market was surprisingly busy for a cloudy morning. Maybe everyone is getting used to the dreary weather. The sun tried to peak out several times but never really made it. The temperature stayed in the mid 60's all day feeling pretty cool under the clouds.
Daughter came out and helped for most of the day before she went home to plant the 30 junipers she bought last week for a bank below her house.  They didn't go as far as she had hoped and now she will wait for another sale to buy more.
When they spread out they will grow down hill.
Hubbie had left market to stop by Sam's and then mow our lawn before the rain started today.
When I left market I made a stop at Aldi to pick up baking supplies and then came straight home to get unloaded with the clouds darkening.
Hubbie was still rushing to finish the lawn and I unloaded and got things put away before the rain finally ran him inside.
We rested while a light rain fell for the evening. We are under a flood watch with up to 4 or more inches of rain coming tomorrow.

After chores this evening we had supper then relaxed for our Saturday night resting time.
Back in April of 1985  there wasn't any resting time !!  With three small kids we stayed constantly busy and made some wonderful memories as we went. In 1985 Easter was on April 7 and there was an Easter egg hunt at Jackson Park on the Saturday before that we took the boys to.

#2 son was not impressed at all by this Easter bunny , haha !
The horse and clown were not near as scary as that bunny ?? !!

The Easter bunny stopped by our house and left a really nice collection of surprises that year.
We got all dressed up for church on Easter Sunday.
The boys and their 12 day old sister !
The whole family.

After church it was off to Granny Moore's or as she was affectionately called by the boys "Crunchberry Granny's"  for another Easter egg hunt with all the cousins on hubbie's side of the family.
Here is #1 and #2 son between 2 of their older cousins Tashica and Melanie.
All the kids really had fun on this day and we all had a huge lunch prepared by Granny with help from her daughters. Her farm was almost at the top of Sugarloaf Mountain and there was a lot of room for the kids to run free without worries of traffic.

Wonderful memories are stirred when I look at these old pics of the early years with my kids. I am so grateful to the Lord for the life I have lived and for the opportunities He gave me with my family.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: