Tuesday, April 7, 2015


Up and out on this cloudy morning to do the chores. I thought by the temperature predictions it was going to be really warm today but with the overnight rain leaving 6/10ths inch in the gauge and the cloud cover this morning it is only in the mid 50's.
After breakfast Re brought little EL and baby BB over to stay while she went to a meeting at her work. They were both very good for me this morning.
Little EL couldn't believe her good fortune when she was allowed to play in the "big boys" lego cabinet.

She was so excited it was hard to get a good picture of her she was moving so fast. We locked up the legos when she started walking , afraid she would swallow some of the tiny pieces but she is really good about not putting things in her mouth so today she enjoyed her reward.
And this little guy was a perfect little angel and watched his sister play, then took a bottle and went to sleep.
I enjoyed my morning with these two.
After Re came to pick them up and I tried to have lunch my stomach knotted and I wasn't able to eat.
It was a strange feeling but I decided to lay on the couch for a little while. I had to get the heavy blanket off the bed because  all of a sudden I got very cold. It could have had something to do with the outside weather as the thunderstorms started rolling into our area about that time.
I snuggled with my 2 four legged kids and got warm enough to doze off for a little while and when I woke up I felt fine.  Strange thing ????
I ate soup for a late lunch then did some house cleaning while the storms continued to drop heavy rain and close thunder and lightening all afternoon and into the evening.

When hubbie came in from work we had to wait out the last wave of thunder, lightening and heavy rain before we did the chores. This was the storm that came through our area prompting warnings.
After the rain stopped this is what the sky still looked like as I went out to do the evening chores.
Thankful that I didn't hear of any damage from this day of strong storms.
I emptied another  9/10ths of rain from the gauge this evening bring the total from the 24 hours to 1.5 inches which had the creek up quite a bit this evening.
My first hatch of chicks is starting to hatch as this little red Sillie had 1 little black chick this evening.
I'm glad she was in a nice safe dry hatching box and was undisturbed by all the lightening and loud thunder today.
I worked on March paperwork this evening until Susan came by for a visit tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for guidance in the coming days.
Good Night and God Bless


linda m said...

I can just hear El squealing in delight as she got to play with the Legos. Glad you didn't have any storm damage and that your strange feeling went away after a nice nap. It is raining here today and tomorrow we are expecting strong storm with large hail. God bless you.

Betsy Adams said...

Sounds like our weather. We have had lots of April Showers (and storms) lately. BUT--this morning (at least right now) it is gorgeous outside... BUT--they say we may get some very strong storms Friday.... Fun Fun...

My hubby laughs at me because I seem to stay COLD most of the time... I read that it could be a low thyroid... Guess I need to get that checked. BUT--all of my other lab tests came out fine this month on my physical. Crazy what our bodies will do to us. Maybe you just needed a nap!