Monday, December 21, 2015

BAKING DAY MONDAY , 36th ANNIVERSARY and 1995 CHRISTMAS

Up to get a busy day started. It is a misty, cool day today but I won't be spending any time outside anyway with all my cake baking.
I got a load of weekly laundry done before the baking started. G-son came to stay this morning while his mom "Santa" shopped.
I baked 18 caramel, 4 coconut, 2 chocolate and 6 pound cakes before the dust settled in the kitchen about 4:30 this afternoon.
I also finished up 3 loads of laundry and had watched and waited on g-son and g-daughter for spans during the day.
Hubbie is off so he helped wherever he could. He tried to get g-son to go out to the school to play on the outside basketball court but it started raining heavier so they didn't get to do that.
Hubbie and d-in-love went over to the school where d-in-love works and borrowed a wheel chair to get her dad to the doctors office with this afternoon. He is taking some really heavy duty antibiotics that are making him sick and dizzy.
I took the hat I bought BB to Re and she made a picture for his stocking for me . It turned out really good.

I checked the rain gauge when I did the evening chores but there was only  very little rain in it so far.
The temperature has actually warmed up this evening from 52 this afternoon to 54 tonight !!!
Lots more rain is headed our way over the next couple days.
Back in December of 1995 we had a typical Christmas season with family and extended family.
On Christmas eve I hosted hubbie's family here for Christmas dinner and then gift exchanges.
First pic is sis-in-law Sandy,Maxine and JB ( hubbie's parents) and #2 son......
Second pic is Brent (Holly's husband), niece Holly, br-in-law Marty,SIL Sandy....
Third picture is #1 son, nephew Aaron, Brent......
Fourth pic is #2 son and daughter opening their gifts.....
Fifth picture is a wreath for our door that daughter made that year....
Daughter's Christmas tree in her room......
Our Christmas tree late on Christmas eve......
Daughter opening gifts on Christmas morning......

Both son's opening their gifts on Christmas morning......
The last pic is at my brother's house as we gathered on Christmas day night to let the kids open more gifts.......
Each time I post these memories I wish for better cameras back in those days but am very thankful for the memories that these old pics evoke around Christmas time.
Oh and by the way,lost in this busy day was thoughts of hubbie's and my 36th anniversary. Maybe we can go out for dinner and celebrate when things take a slower pace around here. Happy anniversary honey, thanks for putting up with me for these 36 years !!!
Thanking God for the strength He gives me each day and for the Reason for this Season.
God Bless, Good Night and Merry Christmas







No comments: