Wednesday, December 9, 2015

BUSY WEDNESDAY and DECEMBER UNDATED PICS

G-daughter was here just ahead of daughter , who was bringing her baked goods by before going to work this morning. G-daughter was already back fast asleep in her swing by the time we go things inside.
I laid back down but I had gotten too wide awake for any more zzzz's today.
I did chores and had breakfast then started my baking for the day. It is a beautiful day again today and I thought about putting g-daughter in a stroller and walking for a while but I hated to wake her she looked so peaceful in her slumber.
I baked 12 caramel, 2 coconut, 1 chocolate, 2 pound and 3 blackberry wine cakes. G-daughter finally woke for her first bottle around 11am after I had all the cakes in the ovens which was perfect timing.
I think she is not going to be a morning person !!!!
She was very happy after she was fed and changed and was content to sit and watch me as I had lunch and then worked around the kitchen.
After she went down for her afternoon nap I worked on some Christmas gifts.
I need to catch up so many things but I am determined this year not to get overwhelmed !!!!
After d-in-love picked g-daughter up I finished one gift and then did chores. Hubbie was late getting home as he had to go to a CPR refresher course this afternoon that ran over allotted time.
It seems funny to be outside this time of year without coats, hats and gloves but it is really nice.
With clouds moving back in this evening the overnight temps are predicted to stay in the upper 30's.
After supper I headed to my office to do the weekly paperwork and pay bills. I also caught up the November month ending figures tonight and they were pretty good for such a rainy November as we had. At least I can mark one thing off my "catch up" list .
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Since there are no pics today I am going to reverse my usual order of decade pics by posting the undated for this month tonight.  These first two pictures are of my Uncle Anderson Holmes. I remember hearing stories of him and his pet squirrel.
 In this picture his missing arm is very evident. He lost it in World War II and received an honorable discharge.

This is his and my Aunt Hattie's milk cow and her twin bull calves.
This is my mother, Goldie on the left with her youngest sister, Mary on the right at some church with very long stairs.


 Humbly grateful for the gift of God's precious Son sent to save a sinful world.  The real Reason for the Season.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: