Saturday, December 5, 2015

GOOD MARKET ON CHRISTMAS PARADE DAY

Another mid 20's morning as I did chores early to get to market before the parade crowd filled up all the parking spaces. It was really hard to drag out of the warm bed at 7am on a Saturday.
Market was really slow today and I was beginning to wonder if I was going to sell anything other than my orders for the day. During the parade there were absolutely no customers in market and as I looked out into the parking lot we couldn't blame it on no parking spots this time. There were several empty spaces but as customers came after the parade to pick up their orders they said they couldn't get into town around the market because all the roads were blocked for the parade route.
All my orders got picked up and I had another customer come from Greenville,SC and buy all the caramel cakes I had left so I had a pretty good day after all. Sometimes it only takes one sale to make your day.
After market I stopped by a friend of mine's craft shop to look around. She is Pam the lady that used to have the table beside me at market. You can see alot of the same ornaments I have on my homemade ornament tree that she made are on the trees in her shop.
I was decked out in my Christmas cardinal vest today and thought this was a great photo op as I walked by this mirror.
After I left there with one item on my list and an order for 2 more it was a good visit.
I made stops at Aldi and Ingles for baking supplies and groceries on the way home. I got home around 4:30. Hubbie was working on splitting some firewood and came to help me unload and get things put away.
We did chores and then put the empty plastic Christmas decoration containers back in the shed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the outside decorations up in the nice predicted sunny mid 50's afternoon.
After supper hubbie and I relax and watched some on the UNC / Clemson football game. I snuggled on the couch with my 4-legged kids and rested. I am extra tired tonight as I feel like I am fighting off a head cold.
The annual Christmas parade down town ushered in Old St. Nick today.

It was a beautiful day for a parade even with the cool temps this morning.
Thankful for a loving Lord and the birth of his Son who is the real Reason for the season.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: