Thursday, December 17, 2015

RAINY MORNING AND 1985 CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

Up early on this rainy morning to slosh through chores and get ready for market. Hubbie went back to work today feeling some better.
The rain looks like it is here to stay for awhile this morning. And that it did leaving 8/10ths of an inch in the rain gauge by the time it stopped.

It was raining hard when I had to get things inside market. I got set up and had a decent selling day and took a large order to go with an already busy Saturday so I will need to start baking tonight !!!
The rain has continued all morning making it a nasty time to be outside.
Thankfully when  it was time to load back up after market the rain had stopped. It was another warm mid 50's afternoon but still cloudy.
I made stops at the bank, PO, Sav Mor , Aldi and Bilo for baking supplies. Daughter called and needed me to pick up her baking supplies also. I met her at Ingles on her way home and gave them to her so she could get started on her busy baking also.
I made it home around 4:30 and was unloading when hubbie came in from work. He helped me finish and then it was time to do the chores . I'll be glad when next Tuesday passes and the days begin to get longer !!
After chores we had supper and then after watching the news I started baking my layers for 30 caramel, 4 coconut, 2 chocolate cakes, whew !!!! My poor sore arm is screaming at me tonight !!!
Maybe after Christmas I can rest it enough to get the soreness out of it ????
Back in December of 1985 it was an exciting time with three little ones....
#1 son had just turned 4 years old.
#2 son who was 2 1/2 years old......
and daughter who was 9 months old.....
The entire family that year.
On Christmas eve back then we always started Christmas celebrations at Hubbie's parents house with his brother, Marty's family.



 Our kids must have been extra good that year because it looks like Santa definitely made a stop at our house.
I think #1 son was pleasantly surprised on Christmas morning !!!!
The four-wheelers were a hit with both sleepy eyed boys !!!
Looks like daughter liked her gifts also.

Thankfully it was a nice day so the boys got to try out their new rides !!!
Then it was off to hubbie's grandmother, Ila Moore's for a Christmas lunch and more gifts for the kids and granny.

After filling our tummies with a good Christmas lunch we came home to rest for a little while until we went up to my mother's house for a Christmas supper and more gifts !!!
These two look like they are ready for more Christmas fun....
My brother with the gag gift of the year !!!!
My mother with #1 and #2 son and the glow worms she got them that year.
Daughter had a sweet tooth .......

A busy time back then every Christmas but it left some of the best memories as these three gracious ladies always prepared great meals and were so glad to have their families around them on Christmas.
I am humbly thankful to God for allowing my family to have the memories we have of these early family gatherings and I pray that one day my kids and grandkids look back to today's gatherings and have the same pleasant memories .
Thank you Lord for the blessings of this day.
God Bless, Good Night and Merry Christmas.














3 comments:

linda m said...

I love your new header. What a lovely picture. All your decades pictures. The kids are also cute and the memories are priceless. Have a great weekend and may God bless you and your family.

Unknown said...

cet article jetez un œil ici autre sacs de répliques de luxe utiliser ce lien Dolabuy Balenciaga

toshasl said...

replica bags joy hermes fake d2y97c6x46 replica bags in bangkok Look At This p6c32s3g61 cheap designer bags replica replica bags from china replica bags toronto gucci fake k8q20s6c63 replica bags korea