Friday, February 19, 2016

AB HONOR ROLLER

Thankfully the Nyquil I took last night didn't make me groggy this morning. I heard my alarm go off at 7 and was awake when d-in-love called to say she was on her way.
G-daughter went right back to sleep in her swing and I layed back down but was too wide awake to go back to sleep. I did chores then had breakfast.
I sewed up a large bonnet while waiting for her to wake up and have her morning bottle.
I don't start baking before she has had her bottle so I don't have to stop in the middle of mixing cake batter to feed her.
She woke up smiling around 10:30 so that was perfect timing.
I baked 6 caramel, 1 chocolate caramel for a special birthday order, 1 other chocolate , 3 pound cakes , 1 blackberry wine and 1 applesauce cake.
I have a couple orders for tomorrow so at least it won't be a complete waste. The weather is suppose to be beautiful again so hopefully it will be a good sales day.
The weather today has been beautiful but the wind again kept the sunny mid 50's from feeling warm out there.
G-son made the AB honor roll for the last grading period and got his award at an assembly this morning at school. He was very proud of himself. He is the one in the red #1 shirt.
It was an early release day at noon so he went with other g-ma to have lunch and get a haircut then she brought him here for the rest of the afternoon.
G-daughter was delighted to get to watch him work on a new Lego project.
G-daughter acted like she is getting over her cold today and feels much better and I feel okay today but still have a scratchy throat and cough.
D-in-love picked both kids up to go with her to see her dad who has been moved to re-hab.
Hubbie and I watched the news and fought to stay awake until we got up to go outside and do the evening chores.
I feel like I definitely need a nap but am afraid that will really mess up my sleep tonight.
I iced my cakes and got things ready for market tonight while feeling worse as the evening goes on.
I just feel really dragged out and ready for bed.
The weather forecast isn't helping all the sickness that is going around with another round of seesaw temps and more rain (or snow, some say) coming in next week.
Off for another dose of Nyquil and hopefully a good night's sleep.
Thanking God for all the blessings He sent my way today.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: