Saturday, February 20, 2016

MARKET AND BASKETBALL

A warm morning in the upper 30's was a welcome relief of no ice breaking today.
Hubbie and I made it to market on time and got set up ,carried in a new table hubbie made for behind daughter's tables to help with unloading the stacks of cakes in the busy season.
He also brought in the "maniquin" he made for me out of wood. I want to set it in the window to display a bonnet and apron. He had to take it back home and make the base narrower to fit the window sill.
He made his visiting rounds with market friends and then headed for Sam's Club and Tractor Supply with a 10% off coupon to buy chicken feed.
I had a decent day, not as good as last Saturday but okay. As always I am very thankful for all that I did sell.
Hubbie came back by about 1:30 to help back up, we sold a couple more  1/2 pound cakes while we were packing up.
We went to g-son's 2:00 basketball game . They lost today 30-26 but no one could believe they scored 26 points !!!!  G-son made a foul shot for his point contribution and he also rebounded very well.
He puts all his energy into this game and I am always proud of his efforts.



After his game we stayed and watch a friends daughter play some in the next game. It reminded me of my days coaching daughter's little team watching these young girls play.
When we left I noticed the temperature in the Honda, 63 degrees, the warmest day of this year so far I think !!
Hubbie and I both ran our vehicles through the car wash on the way home to get the salt from the salted roads of last week's ice storm off.
At home I relaxed for a few minutes before chore time.  It feels nice to be outside without a coat today.
After a light supper hubbie vacuumed and I mopped all the floors before resting for the rest of the evening.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and striving to glorify the Lord in all that I do.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: