Friday, February 12, 2016

T.G.I.F. and 1986 SNOW FUN

28 degrees when g-daughter arrived this morning, the warmest morning all week and probably for several days to come if the forecasters are right.
G-daughter went back to sleep right away this morning. I let the dogs all out, stoked the fires and layed down on the couch but was already wide awake so I read my blog books and got all my baking supplies upstairs before I went outside to do the chores.
I thinner layer of ice this morning was a nice break from the earlier mornings.
Back inside I had breakfast and then began my baking for the day.
I baked 3 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes . I have 2 orders for tomorrow which is a very low amount for the Saturday before Valentines. Guess everyone is getting candy instead of cake this year !!!
G-daughter woke up at 11:00 and was smiling like she felt really good.  She was content to sit in her high chair and watch me in the kitchen and Sesame Street on TV while playing with all her "bugs".
Some days she is so good I could just squeeze her !!!!
This afternoon she took another short nap then played in the saucer thing I brought up from downstairs.
I finished downloading all the kids pictures I started yesterday and saved them to files. Now I can add to them as I find more of their pictures.
Earlier in the afternoon the snow fell heavily for a little while but the 39 degree temps kept any from sticking to the ground. It was really pretty falling in the sunshine.
In alot of the northern counties they added several inches to their snow totals today.
D-in-love came after g-daughter about 4:30, fed her and left g-son here while she went to the grocery store. I fixed him some cheese sticks and bacon for a snack and he quietly played games on his I-pod.
The sun was getting pushed over the horizon this evening by the dark clouds.
Daughter called tonight and said the varsity girls basketball team played their first conference tournament game tonight at Pisgah and lost  so their season may be over. They have to wait until next weekend to see if they qualify for a wild card seeding in the state playoffs. 
Back in February 1986 #1 son and hubbie were playing in a snowfall that month. I love the back ground buildings in some of these pictures as my dad's old barn is partially in one of them and his old chicken house is in one also. These buildings held alot of precious memories of my dad and the hard working example he set for us kids. #2 son must have been sick because he wasn't out in this snow.





Snowy memories on a very cold night make the flames in the wood stoves look so peaceful and good tonight.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest day of the season so far as the wind is going to blow and the high temps in the mid 20's will put the chill factor below zero. I look for a very slow market day with this forecast !
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all who have to be out in the weather tonight and tomorrow night.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: