Tuesday, February 23, 2016

RAINY DAY AND 2006 MEMORY

After getting g-daughter settled into her swing to continue her morning sleep I went back to sleep again for a little while to sleep off another dose of Nyquil from last night. I hate taking this stuff but I need to sleep to help get over this cold .
At least the rain has stopped for me to get outside and get the chores done this morning. After breakfast I sewed some making this matching apron and bonnet set to go on my new manaquin hubbie made for my market display.
I also got some housework done before g-daughter woke up at 11:00 ,she is also sleeping off her head cold this week I think without the help of Nyquil !!!
After we both had lunch and got in some play time she got sleepy again.
During this afternoon nap I worked on daughter's taxes.
I will be glad when all this tax work is completed so I can get some other things done like finishing a blog book and continuing my photo projects.
D-in-love picked up g-daughter at 4:00 and I rested until hubbie came home from work about 45 minutes later.
We did chores early to beat the rain that is headed out way from the winter storm , Petros, that was named today.
This storm has already caused multiple tornadoes in the south as well as snow blizzard conditions in the north. Our area is under a flood and wind watch for the next couple days. I already poured 1& 1/2 inches of rain from the gauge this evening.
Even in the cold rain EL and BB both had to sit on Pawpaw's tractor this evening after he put out hay for the cattle.

Everywhere you look there is ankle deep mud today and I think it is going to get much worse before it gets better.

Thankfully in February of 2006 it wasn't rainy and muddy as #1 son's house arrived and he was doing the finish grading around it.








I was at work when they pulled it up the steep driveway and didn't get to take any pictures of that .
Hopefully this storm won't be so bad for us and I send out prayers for all those who have already been affected by "Petros" and for all those in his path in the coming days.
Thankful for the blessings of this day. Always remember a day hemmed in prayer is a lot less likely to unravel !!
God Bless and Good Night





1 comment:

linda m said...

Mud and I don't like each other. We've had quite a few "run ins". I pray that you start to feel better soon. Love the apron and bonnet. Blessings