Friday, February 26, 2016

TGIF AND UNDATED OLD PICS FOR THE MONTH

Hubbie took another  day off work to rest his aching back more so he was up early to help with g-daughter when she arrived at 7am.
She went back to sleep today at least for an hour !!  As she gets older she doesn't need those long naps . She plays happily in her playthings.
After chores and breakfast hubbie played with her while I baked cakes. I baked 3 caramel, 1 chocolate, 1 coconut, 1 pound and a butter almond cake that I cut into small squares to sell .
We tried one of the squares and it was really good.
After we all had lunch and g-daughter went down for her afternoon nap hubbie went outside to prune the muscadine grapes and other bushes in the cool mid 40's but sunny day.
While g-daughter slept I sewed my 1 item for today. I haven't made any of these jean aprons in quiet awhile but this was next on my cut out pile. I wasn't real happy with how it turned out but it is cute. I have to go downstairs to my industrial sewing machine to sew through this denim material.
I am going to have hubbie make me another smaller manaquin to display more aprons like these on.
When g-daughter woke up at 2:30 I fed her and then we played until mom came to pick her up at 4:00.
Just after they left daughter came by for a visit. She brought her baked goods by and had coffee and a nice visit before heading home.
Unfortunately Josh's grandfather has been moved into Hospice care today after suffering a very debilitating stroke. He has been sick for a very long time from an earlier stroke.  We are  praying for his family as they go through this difficult time.
After chores and supper I iced all my cakes and then determined to get our taxes finished and sent off worked on that until I got a headache tonight but they are done !!!  A nice refund from both made my headache feel much better !!
I was late blogging tonight but I need to finish the decade picture series for February with the undated old pics.
This is my uncle Anderson Holmes holding one of my first cousin's Don Cox.
And in this photo at a different time and location is my aunt Mary Ruff holding Don Cox.
This is my uncle Anderson Holmes who lost his arm in WW11  relaxing.
This is my uncle Anderson and aunt Hattie (mom's sister) Holmes's house out off 64 highway before you got to town. There is an ABC store now about where the house was located.
I remember spending a lot of time in this house with my aunts who loved me very much. My uncle died before I was born.  My aunt Mary moved into this house with my aunt Hattie .
I am ready for a nice long restful night tonight as my head clears of all the figures and questions from the tax work of the evening. Daughter's is the only tax form that isn't finished and hopefully Monday I can get it done bringing February "tax month" to a successful end.
Thanking God for a wonderful blessing filled day and asking for His comfort for Josh's mother and the entire family.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: