Saturday, September 24, 2016

HERITAGE DAY

Up an extra hour earlier this morning as I have no idea how many customers will come out to Market's first Heritage Day celebration or how early they will come.
We arrived at 8:30 about an hour earlier than usual. There was no crowd yet and we got set up and waited to see what this day would bring.


The aisles were pretty full of customers by mid morning.
This is a very pretty time of year in market.
My long time friend Virginia Thompson who is an Indian story teller and goes around to all the elementary schools to share the history of the Cherokee Indians set up her display on the tables next to mine so we had a nice visiting time between customers.
My cousin's band provided music once again and these three youngsters were very good singers.
A wood carver was set up selling his wears and demonstrating his skills.

A friend of the market, Danny Todd, brought his smoker and sold BBQ for lunch .
The crowds outside were significantly less than our usual Old Timey day crowds but the heat of the day probably had a lot to do with that.
The old record for high temperature on this day was set way back in 1895 and was 89 degrees, today we tied this record.
My sales were significantly less than a usual Old Timey day also but I am thankful for what I did sell.
After a hot day inside market I came straight home without any stops today to change out of my "heritage clothes" and get cooled off with a cool drink of coconut water. I thought on the way home I was going to get a migraine headache but thankfully got cooled off before it happened.
Hubbie had been mowing the lawn all day and had to take a shower after he helped me unload to get all the dust off him. The only thing that is growing is weeds and their seed heads are full of pollen and dust.
We relaxed out in the covered patio until #2 son stopped by for a visit to bring a chainsaw back and borrow a long handled saw to trim his driveway back some.
We did chores and then spent the rest of the evening relaxing.
Thankful to God today for a wonderful day and all the wonderful blessings.
God Bless and Good Night.







No comments: