Sunday, September 4, 2016

RESTFUL SUNDAY

Another mid 50's morning makes Fall feel closer and closer each morning !!!
After chores I put some spaghetti sauce in the pressure pot to cook and stay warm until after church. We are having a small lunch bunch today so we are having spaghetti and garlic toast.
Hubbie has a deacon's meeting right after the service so I did all I could before church so I could get lunch ready quick when I got home. #1 son's family were our only guest today.
Hubbie finally got home after 2:00 from his meeting to have  a late lunch. #1 son's family left shortly after he came home.
Hubbie and I both spent a quiet lazy afternoon resting.  We needed this day after the busy week.
This evening we did chores and gleaned the garden finding more tomatoes and a few cucumbers !!!
I'm looking for a new recipe to preserve more tomatoes !!!!  The basket on the left is the later plantings hubbie put out and the basket on the right is still from the original spring plantings.
As I finished cleaning out a bigger chick box for one of the Silkie hens and her now 3 chicks the sky grew dark and the neighbors were getting some rain but we didn't get any tonight.
This has been a nice Sunday to recoup and get ready for another busy week as things get back to a normal routine for a while now with the passing of  Labor day that usually indicates the end of summer around here and we start gearing up for the coming cooler months.
Thanking God for all the wonderful blessings He sends my way each day and asking His blessing on all my family tonight.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Sounds like a nice "lazy day" for you. A Sunday of rest for God's children. Blessings