Friday, February 10, 2017

BEAUTIFUL FRIDAY

Up and out this morning to a very nice morning with no wind , bright sunshine and warming temps.
After chores and breakfast I caught the dogs not watching for me to come out of the house and sneaked away from them down to the lower pasture. As I walked along the creek enjoying the sun sparkling off the clear water I thought once again how drab winter can make things look but there is also beauty.

When I came back up the hill to the house I met Annie who was looking at me as if to ask where I had been ??
I don't like for the dogs to follow me down to the creek any more so they don't get the idea its okay to go there when I'm not with them. The neighbor has some aggressive donkeys in his pasture and I don't want to take a chance of one of my dogs going over there.
I spent the rest of the morning baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and 2 pans of brownies. The Saturday before Valentines day might be a busy one.
After a late lunch I worked more on taxes and finished the shredding of my 2006 receipts so I am ready to file away  2016 receipts and get our tax papers together.
As I did chores this evening in a quickly cooling evening I marveled at the colorful sunset in the western sky and the rising full "snow" moon in the eastern sky.

Some days I feel more fortunate than others to live where I do and to be able to witness some of God's most brilliant works.
Our weather is so nice right now unlike a lot of the country where the storms seem to be lining up. Another winter storm was named today . This is Orson who is following right on the heels of Niko and threatens to add to the snow totals in the New England states.

Our temps are just going to go up at least through the first of the week with records being threatened Sunday with above 70 degrees predicted.
Thankful to God tonight for this day and for the blessing of health He gives me.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: