Wednesday, February 8, 2017

SUMMERY DAY ENDS IN STORMS

Got to sleep in until regular 8am alarm time this morning. I noticed out the window that it is still cloudy from the overnight rain. We only got a little over 1/10th inch of rain from the passing storm.
I did chores and had breakfast then took a nice walk . The sun once again is peeking through clouds but I think the clouds will win this battle today.
There are some bright spots around the yard with the fully blooming Daffodils !!

I heard a commotion down at the pond and saw these Mallard ducks chasing each other around in what appeared to be a "choosing a mate" exercise.

After my walk I came inside and read my devotions then began cleaning house. I haven't cleaned really well in several weeks with other things interrupting my cleaning days but today so far there are no interruptions .
I took a short lunch break then went right back to cleaning. I finished about 3:30 and then shredded more papers until the shredder got warm and shut off. Even this new shredder has a limit to how long it runs but it certainly is a lot longer than my old one.
I also mulled over daughter's taxes and had her send me some more figures I needed. I was going to start taxes today but it got to late to start .
Another storm system is headed our way tonight supposedly bringing us more rain and then snow flurries by morning.
I've already heard thunder tonight so you know that means snow will fall withing 7-10 days !!!!
 Gotta love this weather, 68 today ,I cleaned with all the windows and doors open enjoying the fresh air. Tonight after the storms pass about midnight our temps are dropping into the lower 30's and with a high wind predicted tomorrow is going to be a really raw day with wind chill in the single digits by evening !!!   Then by Sunday we are back  to 70 degrees again ?????
We are lucky here compared to the northeast as this winter storm named Niko is going to under go a massive and quick strengthening called "bombogenesis" .
The pressure will drop significantly in a 24 hour period and it will dump a lot of snow in many areas of the northeastern states. I bet a lot of folks will get "pressure drop" headaches also !!!!
This is some strange weather we are having right now seems like everywhere.
I did paperwork and shredded more papers tonight .
God is good all the time and I thank Him for all the blessings He sent my way today.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Thank you for posting some pictures of flowers. i miss them at this time of year. We still have patches of snow on the ground even with the warmer weather we have had. Woke up this morning to 8 degrees with a minus 4 wind chill. All this up and down temps have given me a winter cold. Stay safe - hope you don't get the snow. Blessings