Wednesday, July 26, 2017

2007 MEMORIES

Woke to a dreary , cloudy morning today but at least its a tad cooler . There was 3/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from the rain last night.
After chores and breakfast daughter came by for a short visit with g-daughter I.
After they left I took a shovel and walked down the driveway cleaning out all the water break ditches as the weather folks are calling for another rainy period coming up tomorrow and Friday.
I started baking cakes , I baked 12 caramel, 3 pound, 1 blackberry wine and 1 peach coffee cake.
While the last ones were in the ovens I started down loading all my pictures on my outside modem as my computer is acting funny recently and I definitely don't want to take a chance on losing all my pics.  To my dismay I discovered I hadn't done this since last July so I had an entire years worth to get downloaded. The regular pics are quick and easy but the downloaded phone pics take time as I have to do them one at a time. I'm sure there is probably a faster, easier way but I don't know it.
This took about 3 hours sitting in front of the computer screen which always is not a good thing for me as I usually get a headache from even shorter spans of time in front of this screen.
Thankfully no headache this afternoon when I finally finished .
D-in-love called and asked if we could take g-son and a friend who was at their house to Bible school this evening so g-daughter R could get a quick nap.
Hubbie took them while I stayed here and waited on the insurance lady to come take new pics of our barn and equipment shed for an up date on our policy.
After chores I washed all the quail waterers that I forgot the other day when I washed the chicken waterers.
Back inside I did weekly paperwork and paid bills before starting to ice my cakes. I finished about midnight and fell into bed, exhausted from another busy day.
VBS went well again tonight with 121 kids attending tonight. This is d-in-love doing her recreation class with one of the younger kids classes.

In fact I was so busy today I didn't even make one picture so this is a great day to finish up the decade series for this month with July 2007 memories.
When I look at these pics of g-son  at 9 months old that month and  I can't believe it has been 10 years !!!  Being the first and only grandchild and nephew definitely had it's advantages as everyone gets in on the action.











It's also interesting to notice the changes in our house as this was the time we had an open deck on the back of the house with a big Curly Willow tree that shaded the deck.
This little green tractor is still going and is always the first thing all the kids ride around here.
Love these memories and love the Lord who allowed me to have such a wonderful life, I am so so thankful every day to Him for His love and grace.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: