Friday, July 28, 2017


Up early on this Friday morning to get a very busy day started. Seems funny for hubbie to be home this morning but I better get used to this because today is the first day of his official retirement after 20 years at the Henderson county school system.
He said it sure was nice not to have to get up at 5:00 this morning.
I did chores and had breakfast while he worked out in the yard starting to get some things done and ready for us to be gone for a week of vacation starting tomorrow.
We made a trip to Tractor Supply to get dog and chicken feed for next week and then came home to meet daughter bringing a clothes hanging suitcase back and to pick up some things she needed. We went up to #2 son's house to borrow his beach chairs and left hubbie and g-daughter I here.
 She left when we got back and I started baking while hubbie started getting things set up with the animals for #2 son to take care of while we are gone.
I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 2 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake before having a late lunch.
I picked up a clearance shelf surveillance camera in Walmart yesterday and played with it to see if it really would work. I ended up having to go to Staples and buy a wifi booster to get it to work for $40 but I still feel I got a deal because I only paid $40 for the camera and it was regularly priced at $199.
I think this will make me feel more at ease when we are away at least knowing who comes up our driveway.
Hubbie and I both worked all afternoon getting things set up. Every time we do this we both wonder if a trip away is worth the trouble we have to go to but we are always glad we did it when we get where we are going.
Bible School commencement was tonight and we stayed home and kept g-daughter R because she is not one to sit and watch anything right now.
G-son looks like he is enjoying the commencement service with his light saber on his shoulder in the blue shirt in this pic.

She helped pawpaw carry some water for me !!

She loves to run she will say her name and say she is running !!!!

She ran until she spotted the ripe tomatoes and had to have a snack.

After d-in-love picked her up I iced cakes then we packed some things in the Honda. At about 11:00 we both wore out and called it a day. Tomorrow is another day !!
D-in-love didn't have too much success packing tonight either, haha !

Thankful to God for the blessings of this day and humbly asking for traveling mercies for our family as we all travel to Oak Island tomorrow for our yearly beach trip.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: