Saturday, July 1, 2017


Well !!!  July 2017 came in literally with a bang this morning !!!
About 7:30 hubbie and I both were jarred awake by a loud boom. It didn't sound like thunder and as we looked at each other and wondered what in the world that was I noticed the ceiling fan in the bedroom slowing down and new the power was off.
Just as we suspected another squirrel lay fried on the ground under our transformer.

I called and reported the power outage immediately with hopes for a close by power repairman.
Hubbie and I got up and started getting ready for market . It was "hat" day for me since I couldn't use my electric rollers to straighten my hair.

We got chores done and were just getting ready to head out the door to go to market about 30 minutes early when we heard the power truck coming up the driveway.
It only takes a minute for them to reset the fuse and then they are on their way. At least I got to brush my teeth and  get a cup of coffee before we left thanks to the quick fix of the power .
Market was really busy today and I sold almost out of everything. I had to make one stop at Sav Mor on my way home to pick up shredded cheese hubbie forgot  and I made it home around 2:30.
It was really cloudy and looked like rain at any time so we decided not to even set anything up outside.
I made the 7-layer salad and hubbie made slaw then we did some house cleaning and got things set up.
I also made a peach cobbler ,some curly fries and corn on the cob to go with the hamburgers and hotdogs hubbie was grilling and the twice baked potatoes and bean salad d-in-love made and daughter and Re made a delicious fruit pizza.
It was a great time of fellowship and catching up for the adults and the kids. #1 son's family, Aa's family, daughter's family and #2 son made it to eat. Sadly Tif was still working.

 These two littles picked right up their antics together.
EL was stuck to g-daughter I like a little mama !!!

And g-daughter R was her  rowdy self.

All in all a great time was had by all and the good food was enjoyed. While we ate a terrible storm rolled through dropping 2 inches of rain in about 30 minutes .
By the time the rain stopped and everyone made their way home it was almost dark so we don't know how much washing damage the hard wind driven rain did.
Hubbie and I used a flashlight to gather eggs and then put things away and got into bed hoping not to get an early wake up booming call tomorrow.
Thankful tonight for family and friends that bring laughter and happiness into my life. Thankful for God's blessings in every day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: