Friday, July 14, 2017

T.G.I.F.

Ahhhh TGIF !!! The sun is shining this morning drying out the rain drops from an overnight rain.
I did chores then had breakfast before calling Markeeta , my beautician to see if she would have time today to shampoo and cut my hair. She had an opening at 12:30 so I took it.
I decided I would get my baking done before my hair appointment. I baked 6 caramel , 2 chocolate and 2 pound cakes plus a pan of brownies.
I just took the last ones from the oven when it was time to head to Markeetas. I'm very glad she is almost just next door !!!
She cut my hair while we had a nice visit. It's always nice to catch up with each other's families as we have been friends for over 30 years.
I came home just in front of daughter and g-daughter I who came by after their meeting with the head volleyball and basketball coach. Daughter has decided to step back from coaching this year to spend more time with g-daughter I . She will take a much smaller role during volleyball season and isn't going to do anything during basketball season.  I think she is making the right decision  because coaching takes soooooo much time  for sooo little pay.
She stayed for awhile until the same man came after the other roosters I had for sale. He bought 4 of them yesterday but decided he wanted the others today and came back for them this evening.
She stayed so I wouldn't be here alone when he came.After she left I pulled weeds for the chickens and then gleaned the garden under the darkening clouds and distant thunder.
Very Thankful !!!!!

Shortly the rain began and it rained on and off all evening. We had to pick a time between the heaviest showers to get chores done. Today I wore my rain gear so I wouldn't get caught in the feed shed like yesterday !!!
As the rain slacked this beautiful double rainbow hovered over our house.

The sun glistened off these pine needles as the raindrops fell from them.
I emptied another 1/2 inch of rain from the gauge this evening from the overnight and this evenings rains.
I came inside and iced my cakes and got things ready for market.
#2 son and Tif went to lake Hartwell today and enjoyed the day very much. With little boat traffic today Tif was able to wake board.

I am thankful for a blessed day and thankful that the storms once again skirted north of our farm with all the hard rain, winds and hail. Prayers for all the folks who were in the paths of the storms.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: