Wednesday, July 5, 2017


Another cloudy morning as I head out to get chores done . After breakfast I took a short walk as this is going to be a very busy day so I need an early start.
These Lilies that I thought were spent for the season surprised me with another set of bight blooms this morning.
And I couldn't pass up these ripening blackberries without having a few for a snack.

Back inside I started baking, I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate , 4 pound cakes and 2 pans of brownies.
Whew, while waiting for the last cakes to come out of the ovens I started breaking the half runner beans we picked yesterday.
The storms started early today and it was raining heavily before 2:00 today. The thunder stayed in the distance thankfully and we only received 1/4" of rain this afternoon in a couple heavy showers.
It was a good afternoon to work inside and I had plenty to do turning these.....
Into 14 quarts of these.

I had a partial bowl of bean snaps left so I will pick some of the bush beans to go with them and do another canner load probably tomorrow night if it doesn't rain so hard I can't get them picked .
I finished my bean canning just in time to do the evening chores. I found another big healthy hen dead this evening. I have lost several hens this summer in this heat. Today was the hottest day of the summer so far at 88 degrees and boy is it muggy !!
Hubbie had an emergency Deacon's meeting at 7:30 that last a couple hours so I had a quiet house to get everything done in tonight.
I did weekly paperwork and then moved right into icing cakes. After icing the first 6 caramel cakes I went up and moved some teenage pullets into the Silkie lot so I can free up a bigger cage for for the last hatched Cuckoo Marans I bought.
Hubbie came home while I was moving these around and thought something was in my chicken houses when he heard the chickens squawking.
Once all these younger chickens get settled down it will make feeding chores a lot quicker.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
I am picking up g-son in the morning on my way so he can spend the day with me while his mom has a full day of her own going on, starting with a Dr's appointment for g-daughter.
Josh and daughter took his visiting brother and family up on Jump Off Rock this evening to watch a cloudy sunset.

I fell into bed again at almost 1:00am, some days there just isn't enough hours for me to get things done.
I am humbly grateful on days like this one for the watchful eye of my Heavenly Father and for the blessings of the day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: