Thursday, July 20, 2017

HOT MARKET DAY and 1957 FAMILY PICS

Up and off to market this morning. Another nice morning but getting hot quickly.
Daughter met me at market with her baked things and we had an okay day not as good as we had hoped but we're thankful for what we did sell.
This little cutie was good even in the very hot market.
She had an early morning one month check up and was declared perfect in weight,10lbs,  and height for her age and even got a shot that she really didn't like !!!
Daughter and I took turns walking around with her and getting her cooled off in front of the fans.
It was another 90 degree day.
I left market and went to the bank and PO then to a friends produce stand for some fresh peaches and to Ingles for baking supplies. I made it home around 4:00 and got unloaded before hubbie got home from work.
We watched the news and then did chores. He worked in the garden tonight while I came inside and canned the 7 quarts of green beans that were broken in the frig.
As I pulled weeds for the chickens this evening I noticed the lack of produce on many of our vegetable plants with all the wet weather we have had.
I have a late row of Greasy Back beans that I hope will produce at least for some fresh beans for Sunday lunchs.
Our tomatoes are just now starting to ripen and are cracking with all the rain. Hopefully these past couple rain free days and the prediction of at least a couple more will help. I hate to wish for no rain because in this intense heat it won't take long at all for things to really dry up.
Hubbie is really suffering tonight from working out in the heat of today and went to bed extra early tonight. One more week for him and we both will have some major adjustments to make as his retirement begins.
To continue the July decade pics , this is photos from 1957 of my mom's family. In this first one is all of us , my dad is holding me in the middle back beside my mom who is holding my brother.
This is my mom on far right with her four sisters.
Mom and dad and me and my oldest brother.
These pics were taken at my Aunt Gertie Mae's house in Etowah.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the grace and goodness of my Heavenly Father.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: