Sunday, July 23, 2017

DAY ONE OF VBS 2017

Up on this Sunday morning to a sunny morning.
Hubbie and I thought seriously about going with #2 son and Tif to the lake today but there is some things we have been putting off that we really need to get done today so we went to church .
The church was all decorated for vacation Bible school that starts tonight.
After church we had lunch of roast beef, boiled new potatoes, fresh green beans, candied carrots,fried squash and biscuits with #1 son's family and A's family.
This is the perfect example of why I don't have a lot of things out for g-daughter I yet because g-daughter R is still going to think she needs to use them. I think she remembers taking many naps in this little swing.

Just as everyone was leaving a storm blew up but missed our area by less than a mile with blown down trees and hail. We only received a sprinkle of rain here.
After the skies lightened up I headed up to my chicken pens to do some cleaning that I have been putting off. I cleaned out all the houses and also washed all the waterers really good as this hot weather causes green algae to try to take over their water.
When I started it was a little cooler from the passing storms but by the time I finished I was dripping sweat and the humidity was bad.
Hubbie worked in the garden on some things he has been putting off and then we picked a bowl of fresh blackberries from our vines.
Blackberries are loving this weather this year as this is the best crop we have ever had on these vines.
I needed some baking supplies that I didn't stop to get yesterday because we were looking at my friends land so hubbie went with me tonight to Walmart and Ingles to get stocked up for the week.
When we got home we did chores then watched the sun go down behind the clouds from our covered patio.
Tif is getting more comfortable on her wake board .


This is their boat docked at a beach on Lake Hartwell.
Daughter and her family stayed in today for a restful Sunday. G-daughter I was happy about that !
Haha, this is a picture of both g-daughters at about a week apart ,I is 4 weeks, R is 3 weeks, with that right hand raised in the air to express theirselves.
These two are really gonna be fun to watch grow up together.
2017 Bible School got off to a great start tonight with 80 kids and they all looked like they had a great time.
This is g-daughter R and her mom with EL sitting beside them in the opening ceremony.
 EL loves VBS.
And so does g-son !!!

This has been a good Sunday and I am thankful for all the blessings of the day and for His grace.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

I pray God blesses all the children attending VBS Blessings