Tuesday, February 19, 2019

COLD RAIN AND SLEET

Up to a cold cloudy morning but no rain yet anyway.  I got chores done and then took RL to pre-school. Came home and had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast today.
IR was in a really good mood this morning and was cute playing all alone.
BB was supposed to come here this morning and he and EL were spending the night while Re and Aa attended a sod convention but EL came home from school yesterday with a fever and is still sick this morning so those plans got canceled. RL will surely be disappointed as she was looking forward to playing all afternoon with BB.
On the way to pick up RL it started sleeting heavily but thankfully the ground is too warm for anything to stick on the roads and the temperature is 34 .
We had lunch with the girls at Burger King again and then came home driving through a sleet,snow, rain mix.
We spent the afternoon inside playing with the girls. I had made no plans to do anything this afternoon as I thought BB and EL would both be here also and with 4 kids we both would have our hands full.
After the girls were picked up hubbie and I got chores done in a pouring cold rain. The weather prediction is .30 inch of ice for our area so I didn't shut my hens house doors this evening because we expect the big tall leaning pine tree will fall across the power lines if ice accumulates on it and I might not be able to get to my hen houses to open the doors in the morning. I did however shut the guineas up with extra feed since they will be crazy flying around if there is any activity around their house. They will be better off shut in the darker house.
Hopefully there won't be a hungry hawk or owl out hunting in the morning in the cold ice and rain to pick any of the hens off.
I came back inside and hubbie and I relaxed for the evening listening to the pouring rain and even thunder outside and watching the temperature slowly slide into the freezing range.
Winter isn't done with us yet and we are under a winter weather advisory for tonight and tomorrow.

Seems now every day brings another named winter storm.

I wonder what Quiana will bring to our area ????
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for safety for everyone in the ice tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

I sure hope you are okay. W are getting the snow today with maybe a freezing rain this afternoon. Praying the groundhog was correct and we get an early Spring as I am tired of old man winter .