Saturday, February 2, 2019

GROUND HOG DAY 2019

A seemingly early alarm after a pretty restless night of sleep. I was afraid that long nap yesterday would mess up my night's sleep and I was right as I lay looking at the ceiling until after 2am this morning.
I got chores done and enjoyed not having to break hard ice on the water pans this morning only a thin coating .
The sun is shining so there is no doubt that the local groundhog will definitely see her shadow today and hunker down for 6 more weeks of winter weather.


We made it to market on time and got set up before any customers showed up.  Between selling and getting the new board appointment info from the past treasurer and getting the new secretary taking my place some info I had a busy day.
I had a good selling day also as the weather today is beautiful for a winter day with bright sunshine and low 60's temps.
I made a stop at Walgreens on the way home to pick up some mouthwash and a couple other things that I keep forgetting to get.
When I got home hubbie was out in the upper pasture cutting up some of the trees in his wood pile so I unloaded and put things away myself.
I sat down for a few minutes and had a hot cup of green tea.
After a short rest I went outside to take a walk and let Rosie run loose for a while. She is such a smart dog hopefully it won't be long until she can stay out of her kennel and roam freely. I need to get her a tag and also get her a spaying appointment this next week.
I got my chores done while hubbie grilled some steaks I found in the freezer plus some asparagus for our supper.
There is a new winter storm named today as Kai hopefully is going to stay north of our area.

Our week is supposed to be a brief at least reprieve from winter .
Getting to bed early tonight to try and catch up my sleep.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: