Friday, February 22, 2019

FLOODING FRIDAY

Woke to the familiar sound of rain on the roof .  As both the grand girls stood and watched as I got stretches done and got dressed for the day it was obvious they were bored this morning.
I went out in the rain to get the chores done while hubbie fed the girls breakfast. They usually have a smorgusboard of choices from yogurt to fruit to waffles, crackers, chips and their favorite cheese puffs.
They actually usually eat pretty well each morning.I took RL to pre-school and we saw the water in several places just about to flood into the roadways.
The water in our bottoms is getting higher this morning as the creek runs out of its banks.


I stopped at Ingles on the way home for gas and some beef roast they have on sale. I usually get the meat cutter guys to cut me bigger roast than they typically put in their counter but today these guys said they didn't have any bigger roast than about 2.3 pounds. I bought 4 of these so I can cook 2 at a time. I need 5 pounds of meat to feed our Sunday crowd.
I came home and put the roast and some on sale burger I found in my food saver vacuum bags and into the freezer before I had my breakfast. Anytime I find meat for less than $3 a pound I try to stock up.
After I ate breakfast I layed a turkey breast out that I had gotten on sale last week to have Sunday.
Hubbie , IR and I spent the morning cleaning house. IR was pretty good about picking all the toys up then she followed me around as I washed the glass in the mirrors and doors and licked them !!!!!
A fellow market vendor gave me a bag of apples yesterday at market and they are really soft so IR and I peeled them all and made some delicious apple sauce. She loved eating the slices of apple as I dropped them into the pan for cooking.

We all went to pick up RL and then we had lunch on this rainy day at Burger King. We came home and the girls played and ate a snack while hubbie and I ate our lunch. I had a bowl of the warm applesauce and it was very good sweetened only with a little honey.

After we cleaned the kitchen hubbie took the girls into the playroom and I baked cakes. I baked 2 chocolate cakes and 2 pans of brownies. Another rainy day is predicted for tomorrow so market will be slow again.
These two what I call "sistercousin" like to share everything, we're not sure if they just like each other that much or if they are so jealous they just want to make sure one doesn't have something the other one doesn't ?????
There was several of these apples but they insisted on sitting together in the recliner and taking turns eating the same apple this afternoon.


D-in-love and daughter came in about the same time today and the girls were both glad to see g-son coming in with daughter. No track practice today for him .
After g-son got a snack d-in-love took him and RL home and IR went immediately down for a nap.
Daughter rested and let her sleep until it was time for them to go meet some of son-in-love's family for a birthday dinner.
Hubbie and I got chores done in only light rain today. Last fall I raked up a pile of pine needles and leaves and covered them with a tarp. These have really came in handy with all this rain to keep the guineas small lot from getting so muddy. I still leave 2 guineas up each day to keep them from wandering too far and off our property.
On my way inside I emptied 1.6 inches of rain from the gauge for the past 24 hours total.
The creek went down today and the flooding didn't get any worse than it was this morning.
I iced my cakes and got things ready for market tonight before getting an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: