Thursday, February 28, 2019

GOOD BYE FEBRUARY 2019

Earlier wake up call this morning to get the kids taken care off, get chores done and get ready for market.
We made it only a few minutes late and I dropped RL off at her pre-school and met hubbie and IR at market.
It isn't raining yet but it looks like it could start at any minute. Thankfully the roof is supposedly fixed  so I put all my table covers and décor back in it's regular place before getting the baked goods set out on it.
The rain started about mid morning just about the time customers should have been stirring around so it was a very slow day but I am thankful for what I did sell.
The market manager brought a little pull around bug  for IR to play with and she pulled it all over market.


I did my first pay-roll duty as the new market treasurer today as I got all the employees paid for their February work.
Connie, IR's other g-ma picked her up about 10:30 and hubbie replaced some light bulbs that were out around market before he went to the dump and brought our lunch subs back.
After we ate he left to make our weekly Sam's Club stop and get a haircut.
I left at closing time and made a stop at Ingles for some baking supplies for tomorrow and came home. You would think we would be used to sloshing around in the rain by now but it doesn't make it any easier.
There is so much mud and mold seems to be taking over everything.
Hubbie helped me get unloaded and get things put away  then he went out to get his chores done as IR is coming back at 5:30 to stay while her mom and dad go to a FCA event to here Clemson's football coach Dabo Swinney speak.
I did my chores after IR came while hubbie stayed inside with her as it is still raining. There is only 2/10ths inch in the gauge so far but there is supposed to be some heavier rains overnight.
Daughter said the event was really good and the speakers were really good.
The introductory speaker was a young man that always played baseball with #2 son on his all-star baseball team.
Dabo was the main speaker and delivered a great message for all the young athletes in attendance in the pack auditorium of Biltmore Church.


While they were there IR had a fun time with us . She got her bath and got ready for bed but didn't go to sleep until mom picked her up.

Hubbie and I were yawning ourselves to sleep by the time daughter got here at 9:30 so it was off to bath and bed for us as soon as they left.
The last day of February has surely snuck up on me this year .  Usually this is tax month for me and my goal is to get all our taxes filed by the end of the month but this year due to a clitch in the tax act program the only one that is filed is #2 sons. Daughter's is done and mine is in the works so it wasn't a total miss and hopefully I can get them finished and filed soon.
This month has been an unusually warm and rainy month with daffodils blooming and grass starting to turn green already.
We did have some ice on one occasion and some windy days that reminded us that winter was still here.
Daughter, son-in-love and IR got moved into their new home finally after a year in the small apartment and are working on getting settled in.
Thankful for all the blessings this month has contained and looking forward to what God has in store for the family in March.
God Bless , Good Night and Good-Bye February


1 comment:

linda m said...

My taxes are done, filed and refunds in the bank. But then I cheat and use a CPA. Our February has been unusually cold and snowy/rainy. Today is to be a little warmer with more snow tonight into Saturday. This will be followed by another polar vortex. Sure hope the groundhog is correct and we get an early Spring as I am so done with winter. Have a great weekend and God bless you.