Friday, March 1, 2019

MARCH CERTAINLY COMES IN LIKE A LION FOR ME and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO #2 SON

WeeeeLLLLL, my March surely came in like a lion !!!  I woke up before the alarm with a throbbing what I thought was a sinus pressure headache. I got up and got chores done in a cold misty rain that made my head feel a little clearer. I didn't feel like I should drive RL to pre-school but I told hubbie I would ride along and sit with IR while he walked RL into her class.
RL was really whiny on the way there and loudly complained that IR was touching her or looking at her or trying to talk to her.
She was okay by the time we got to pre-school and went along with hubbie happily but all the commotion and riding made me sick as a dog and all I wanted to do was get home and get still.
As soon as we got home I grabbed the trash can from the bathroom setting it by the bed and I layed down.   I had waves of nausea that wracked my stomach every few minutes. I didn't ever vomit but just couldn't get over the nausea.  I felt so sorry for little IR as she didn't understand why I couldn't get out of bed and continued to knock at the bedroom door asking "where are you Neena" ?
Finally the stomach pains subsided enough to let me get to sleep.  After about 2 hours I woke up feeling much better just really weak at about 3:00 in the afternoon.
When I came into the kitchen to get something to drink IR ran over and climbed into my lap and that is where she stayed until her mom came in from work.  Her reaction today made me pray really hard that hubbie and I stay healthy as long as these littles need us.
I got my evening chores done a little early while there was a break in the rain that had been falling steadily all day. There was 6/10s inch in the gauge this evening.
Back inside now I have to do a day's baking and getting ready for market in a few hours this evening.
I baked 3 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.  While these cooled I got everything else packed up and ready for market. I have a lot of eggs so hopefully there will be folks looking for fresh eggs tomorrow.
I iced the cakes and got all the baked items wrapped and packed up by 11:00. I wondered if my long healing sleep today would keep me awake tonight  but after a hot relaxing bath I had no trouble getting to sleep. My body still feels weak and I feel more tired than usual after being very careful what I put in my tender stomach this evening.
Thankful I got over my sickness this afternoon and was able to get back to the routine tonight.
The elementary school d-in-love works at celebrated Dr. Suess's birthday with everyone in costumes today and d-in-love mimicked "little Cindy Lou Who" with her long pig tails.
I can't let this day pass even being sick without the memories of the birth of my second child 36 years ago on this day. Happy Birthday #2 son we are very proud of the man you have become.

Very thankful for mine and hubbie's health and ability to help with all these littles.
God Bless , Good Night and Welcome March.

No comments: