Tuesday, March 5, 2019

FIRST TRACK MEET FOR G-SON A COLD ONE

Brrrr !!!!   27 degrees as I head out to get the chores done this morning.
I took RL to pre-school and came home to have my breakfast with IR having some strawberries for a snack while hubbie went out to let the dogs out.
Usually he and IR do this while I'm gone with RL but it is too cold for IR to  be outside this morning.
I was determined to get the taxes finished today so hubbie and IR played in the playroom while I did just that. I still file a schedule F for hubbie since we still rent our pasture out and I have my business forms to file also so our taxes are more involved even in our retirement years.
At least all three of our taxes that I do are done and filed so only one week late out of "tax" month which in my world is February and I cleaned up all the paperwork mess around my computer and sighed a contented "done until next year" sigh.
We went to pick up RL and she wanted to stop and have lunch at Burger King but when we got inside she started crying and whining so I just ordered their food to go and we headed home.
Both girls went to sleep on the ride home. Hubbie carried both girls in and put them on the couches.
Hubbie and I had lunch while we watched the news.  #2 son came by to use hubbie's shop to work on the projects he is doing for daughter.
I fed the girls their lunch when they woke up after hour naps. They were feeling much better after their rest. They were really cute going "on a bear hunt".
Daughter came in and watched the girls while hubbie and I did chores early. G-son's first track meet is today even in the mid 30's temps.  Daughter is staying home and keeping both girls at her house so we dropped RL off on our way since daughter doesn't have an extra car seat in her  van.  
They had a picnic at daughters.

                   I put on my snow pants to fend off the cold temps and wind.
G-son was in shorts and t-shirt and was obviously freezing along with all the track participants.

 There was 6 schools competing in this meet so it took a long time for every boy to jump in each event. G-son did really well in the triple jump and long jump. We were all so cold and tired of standing as we stood the entire time because there wasn't any bleachers where the jump pits were that we left right after he finished his jumps and headed for the locker room to put on his sweat pants and jacket.
Triple jump.....




Long jump.....




He got three jumps in each event and with this being his first track meet ever he only scratched once on one of his long jumps, so proud of him and his effort.
He didn't know if he placed or not so he will find out tomorrow at practice.
Hubbie and I came home and finished up chores just before dark and then we were glad to get in the warm house and thaw out. My face was hurting from the cold and my feet and legs were hurting from standing.
A hot cup of green tea and relaxing in the recliner has never tasted or felt so good !!!!
The freeze warnings are out all around and the peach and strawberry farmers in South Carolina are really worried .
All day tomorrow is going to be another raw day good to be inside in front of the heater.

We watched the UNC / Boston college basketball game which UNC ran away with while we relaxed.
Thankful for the blessings of the day .
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: