Thursday, March 21, 2019

1989 SWEET BIRTHDAY AND EASTER MEMORIES

Thankful to feel just a little bit better this morning and have my nose drip slowed .
I got chores done and got ready for market.  I thought about not going to market today but I have one cake order and I really need to sell eggs and I need to get some market banking business done.
I dropped RL off on the way and met hubbie and IR at market.
We got things set up and sales were very slow. I got a call from Connie, IR's other g-ma that she wasn't going to be able to come today. So I went ahead and got the banking for market done and then hubbie and IR left to get his errands done for the day.
I ended up having a pretty decent day with several whole cake sales today so I am very thankful.
I left market and made a stop at Ingles on the way home along with the bank and dropping the bills at the PO.
Hubbie helped me unload then feeling like I needed a rest I hit the couch while hubbie rocked IR to sleep in the recliner.
Daughter came in with a headache also so she layed down on the other couch and all 4 of us had a good rest.
We all got up and ate some supper then I went out and got chores done. Daughter felt better so she and IR went home.
The light rain started again even though half the sky only had some pretty clouds floating around in it.
We ended up with about 2/10ths inch of rain for the evening.Tonight was another quiet night for both hubbie and I as we rested and watched some March madness NCAA tournament games.
I need to get some things done but my energy level is about 0 right now with fighting this cold.
To continue the decade series for March 1989 we had 2 birthdays and Easter to celebrate that year.
First birthday was #2 son's 6th and he celebrated with his cousin's on hubbie's side at a Sunday lunch at hubbie's grandmother's house where we all gathered every Sunday.


Then he got to celebrate with his one cousin , baby Susie , on my side of the family at our house.


Next it was daughter's 4th birthday on the 26th day of the month and this year that day happened to also be Easter Sunday. She had cake and presents at hubbie's granny's on that Sunday.



After her birthday celebration we all headed outside to have our annual Easter egg hunt with all the kids in granny's lawn.


Then she also had another celebration at my mother's house.
A happy little four year old with a big smile stirs so many memories of these happy times in our lives.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: