Saturday, March 2, 2019

BEAUTIFUL SATURDAY AND EARLY BLOOMERS

Got up this morning thankful that I feel normal .  I got chores done and got ready for market. Hubbie got a call from daughter to come by the neighbor's apple house and pick up a chest freezer she was buying from them on his way to market.
I went on to market on time and a couple other vendors helped me carry my cakes in and I was already set up before hubbie and daughter got there.
Sales were good today and I had a couple orders of 3 caramel cakes so we had a good sales day of over $200 to get March off to a good start.
Son-in-love came by market and he and daughter left to go shopping for a few things they need for their new house.
Son-in-love was leaving early afternoon to attend the Clemson / UNC basketball game with a couple friends from work.
Hubbie left to pick up some dog food on the way home.
I left when market closed and headed straight home.
It is a beautiful day sunny and mid 60's temps so we are planning on getting more of daughter's things out of the storage shed over to her house and help her put some things away.
Hubbie got #1 son to go over first and help him unload the freezer out of his truck so we could load it with things from the shed.
We hauled a truck load over and still probably have another load to go. #1 son came over and helped hubbie get some of the things up into the storage area above daughter's carport and I helped get some things put away in the house.
We left at 5:00 and came home to get chores started. I took a walk around the farm enjoying the first blooms of the season and checking out the budding fruit vines and trees that probably will loose a lot of fruit in the coming week when the temperature gets into the lower teens.
This area of daffodils has been in full bloom for a while now and my favorite "carnation" look Daffodils are so pretty.


The other bright yellow spot in the yard is the Forsythia that is in full bloom but doesn't seem as bright as some years past.
These little Creeping Charlie blooms are peeking out.
And the early blooming Periwinkle is blooming .

I am concerned about the blackberry vines.
Blueberry bushes ......

And Pear trees as the buds are beginning to open already.

The clouds are quickly darkening the sky tonight as we finish chores actually wearing only jackets.
The winter storm that is bringing us rain for tomorrow is named Scott and he is dropping more snow in the same areas as several previous storms as he crosses the country.
Hubbie and I watched the second half of the Clemson / UNC basketball game which UNC barely won. Son-in-love had texted daughter earlier and said he and his friends were sitting in the same area we sat in last year when hubbie and I went with son-in-love and daughter to the game.We had a relaxing evening and I caught up my blog from yesterday.
Thankful for this beautiful day and all the blessings that I received during it.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: