Wednesday, March 6, 2019

WINTER HANGS ON

Up to get another cold morning started. It is 17 degrees this morning with thick ice on all the water pans making feeding time take longer today.
I got RL to pre-school on time and then stopped at Ingles for a couple things I needed to get my baking done today.
IR was waiting for me at the door to join me for my breakfast. She likes to sit with me and have fruit in her high chair while hubbie goes out on these really cold mornings by himself to let the dogs out and gather more firewood so we can keep the woodstove going all day since it isn't supposed to get much above freezing all day today.
At least the sun is shining giving all the outside animals some warmth.
I got my baking started and baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies before having a late lunch of some sautéed vegetables and shrimp.
IR and I hung out in the playroom while hubbie went outside to load some things to take to daughter's house this afternoon when she comes in from work and get all our trash and recyclables collected and loaded in his truck.
After daughter picked IR up hubbie followed her home and they were surprised to find one of her garage doors open.  After checking things out they discovered the installer had left the cord hanging in the track and the door had cut it in half.
The installer is supposed to be there in the morning at 8:00 to fix it.
I rested while he was gone and then we watched the news when he came home before heading out to get the evening chores done.
It is still cold, 32 degrees and there was ice on the water pans still this evening.
I usually get my walking in but this evening it is too cold and I don't think I'm quite over the cold from yesterday to spend any extra time out in todays freezing temperatures.
Back inside I got weekly paperwork done, paid bills and got the monthly figures for February finished . I had a much better month in February than January for sure but the over $100 cake box order when I ran out of my cake order boxes made the figures not improve much.
After all the paperwork was finished Survivor was coming on TV so I sat down with hubbie to watch it before I started icing cakes.
I finished the evening icing the cakes and getting things all ready for market.
Thankfully we are headed for a break in the cold temps but warmer temps bring more rain over the weekend.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: