Friday, March 22, 2019

FIREWOOD FOR NEXT SEASON, CHECK !!!

Thankfully feeling a little better this morning as I get this Friday started. I got chores done and got RL to pre-school on time.
When I got home I was actually hungry for the first time in several days so I made myself a big breakfast of a couple eggs, grits and bacon with a couple cups of coffee to fuel me for a busy day.
Daughter is sick today so she and IR are at home this morning.
Hubbie and I cleaned house this morning and then left early to make a couple shopping stops on the way to pick RL to get couple things we needed.
RL just wanted to get food and bring it home and call to get IR to come have lunch with her so that is what we did.
Daughter still wasn't feeling that great so she stayed on the couch most of the afternoon and hubbie played with the girls while I baked cakes.
I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 pan of brownies and was just taking the last ones out of the ovens when d-in-love got here to pick up RL.
When RL goes to the bathroom IR always has to go with her and brush her teeth. I caught her antics while she brushed in the mirror !!!!


After they all left hubbie went outside to work on some of the last logs in the pile #1 son dumped from daughter's land clearing last fall.
Over the winter he has turned this log pile.
Into a sawdust pile ……
 And into all this firewood for next season.


This was the last of it that he finished today. I smelled this Red Oak as I did chores today and hoped that this sweet scent will remain when we burn this next winter.

I got chores done and then we both watched the news and I got my icing started. I iced cakes and watched some March madness basketball games on TV. We watched UNC defeat Iona to move to the second round of the tournament.
It was late by the time the game was over and I got everything ready for market.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: